Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
Is it comfortable for you to be in that position? I mean iMac is way on the right, and it seems that you sit straight?
Its actually not that bad. If you can type without looking at the keyboard its no problem at all. You just have your head slightly turned to the right and it works. If your neck does start to get tired just turn the chair a little and move the wireless keyboard and your almost dead on.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Probably...I just started actually holding on to mine. Figured it would be once retired.

I'm just giving you crap. I actually have less than you do. I only received coins after my deployments and not for anything else in between those time periods.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Recently moved and got settled in again. Excuse the iPhone quality. My setup on the left, fiance's workstation on the right :)

8380001721_7bb43f0856_z.jpg

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
Nice setup, is that the Ikea Mikie desk? do you fink it is big enough for a 27"?
Yea, its the Mikie. Its probably big enough for the 27" but you would have to set it like mine (in the corner facing you). If you put it right in front of you it might seem overwhelming. But I love the desk, its very sturdy and well put together. However it took me a while to put it together.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Thought I'd ask this question here since I've seen some people with it. How do I install LEDs under my desk? I'm familiar with car LEDs and installs like that but that's much different. I haven't been able to find an led strip that plugs into the wall and I'm not sure how it can be done with car type strips. Any links or help would be great!

For example http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y9YIU6?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links how could I use these in my house

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Thought I'd ask this question here since I've seen some people with it. How do I install LEDs under my desk? I'm familiar with car LEDs and installs like that but that's much different. I haven't been able to find an led strip that plugs into the wall and I'm not sure how it can be done with car type strips. Any links or help would be great!

For example http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y9YIU6?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links how could I use these in my house

If you have a Fry's nearby they carry expandable LED kits with remote color changing. Also, the Ikea Dioders have the same features and seem a little brighter. I think both are around $40 a set.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I just went to a regular lamp store, asked for a LED stripe (blue in my case as you can see in the picture in the other page) and a transformer because of the voltage.

Then you just stick that into the back of your desk lol :D

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I just went to a regular lamp store, asked for a LED stripe (blue in my case as you can see in the picture in the other page) and a transformer because of the voltage.

Then you just stick that into the back of your desk lol :D

How much did that cost? And something like this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034GUEY4?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
That's because you're buying a massive quantity. For example, I bought a stripe of 50cm long for my desk and it's enough.

zeroh3ro

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Leeds
This is my old setup, currently between places so dont have a setup at the moment but enjoyed this while i had it!

fc3exf.jpg

ind6xe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.