Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary86

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Here is my new setup..it is time to get some wireless speakers next ;) but these JBLs crank some serious sound. Also, my Canon printer is from my 08 MBP purchase but still gets the job done for my at home needs.

Check it out

I wanted to keep the desk as clean as possible. So I had some scrap 1x6s in the garage so I tossed this together. Not the prettiest, but you don't see the Mini

Very nice setup. I have the same monitors.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Hey Guys

I just noticed today that my mouse pad which is like 3 months old from etsy has bubbled up i caught a glimpse of this pad what is it as i would like to get one.

Attachments

• img0109uj.jpg
    img0109uj.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 537

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Looking at some of these setups makes me really wish Apple would go 'backwards' just a little bit in industrial design.

I love the aluminum and everything, but oh man, to have a 27" Cinema Display inside one of those clear plastic enclosures like the old ones:

apple_cinema_display_hd.jpg

I know some thought they were ugly, but a pair of those on a glass desk with a magic trackpad and wireless keyboard would be a GORGEOUS setup.

I may be in the minority, but I honestly think the G3 and, especially, G4 era Apple products were the best looking!

I think I would have a heart attack if Apple re-released the iMac G4 design with modern internals, a larger display (but the same clear plastic shroud around it and chrome handle), and re-released the original Cinema HD display but, again larger and higher resolution. That would be awesome!

For me and the ten other people who thought they looked cool. Everyone else thought they were tacky and gaudi!

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Ouch that one looks ugly i wish apple makes a mouse thats really magical by working on a glass surface to.

I just tried on my gloss desk, didn't work. I have the $5 ikea mat, clear, works fine on it.

Looking at some of these setups makes me really wish Apple would go 'backwards' just a little bit in industrial design.

I love the aluminum and everything, but oh man, to have a 27" Cinema Display inside one of those clear plastic enclosures like the old ones:

I know some thought they were ugly, but a pair of those on a glass desk with a magic trackpad and wireless keyboard would be a GORGEOUS setup.

I may be in the minority, but I honestly think the G3 and, especially, G4 era Apple products were the best looking!

I think I would have a heart attack if Apple re-released the iMac G4 design with modern internals, a larger display (but the same clear plastic shroud around it and chrome handle), and re-released the original Cinema HD display but, again larger and higher resolution. That would be awesome!

For me and the ten other people who thought they looked cool. Everyone else thought they were tacky and gaudi!

I'm addicted to white, I wish they came out with a white iMac.

mototriu

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2012
My humble setup
-Macbook air 11" 2011 2/64 gb
-Hp Photoshop Printer
-Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo( It's too dark to see them)
-Taken with a iphone 4

It's not nearly as good of some of your guys amazing setups but it serves me well. Hoping to get a ipad mini sometime this year though.

Attachments

• IMG_20130110_214525.jpg
    IMG_20130110_214525.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20130110_214537.jpg
    IMG_20130110_214537.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20130110_214555.jpg
    IMG_20130110_214555.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Cancelled
May 16, 2010

you know if you really like the look you can still get one of those classic HD cinema displays through eBay for a fraction of the original price (I remember these used to cost $ 2k+ back in the days) and use it on a modern setup. 23" is a pretty enjoyable screen size nowadays (consider that has a higher resolution than the current 21.5" iMac)

My personal favorite in apple display design though, is the all aluminum 30" cinema display, hope I can get to have one of those

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
you know if you really like the look you can still get one of those classic HD cinema displays through eBay for a fraction of the original price (I remember these used to cost $ 2k+ back in the days) and use it on a modern setup. 23" is a pretty enjoyable screen size nowadays (consider that has a higher resolution than the current 21.5" iMac)

My personal favorite in apple display design though, is the all aluminum 30" cinema display, hope I can get to have one of those

Yeah I know, but I AM spoiled with the screen real estate and resolution of the 30" cinema displays.

I've strongly considered replacing my secondary display (a 23" 1080p LG display) with an Apple Cinema HD display though.

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
My desk looking colourful. (27" iMac, Swan M50w speakers with a HRT Music Streamer II DAC).

While I'm here, I did this to a new iPad Mini this afternoon. :eek: :D

Don't panic - nothing that can't be undone.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Yeah I know, but I AM spoiled with the screen real estate and resolution of the 30" cinema displays.

I've strongly considered replacing my secondary display (a 23" 1080p LG display) with an Apple Cinema HD display though.

I have one (clear 23" hd cinema)but there are some pixels in the middle that won't display blue but I can't through it away :)

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Ouch that one looks ugly i wish apple makes a mouse thats really magical by working on a glass surface to.

Try the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. Works great on glass and fits much nicer in the hand than the Apple mouse but that may be IMHO.

TheEvilDonut

macrumors member
Decided to move my whole setup to a table. Makes for a cleaner setup. At least I think so.

Please don't mind the reflection of the creepy guy in the monitor. He was swiftly dealt with afterwards.
NewSetup1_zps5d8b6be5.jpg

NewSetup2_zps99026625.jpg

NewSetup3_zps651469ed.jpg

One could say I purchased the Halo Reach Edition console solely because it matched my Macbook Pro. But one would be of course wrong in assuming so. Right? ;)
NewSetup4_zps584fd62b.jpg

Veriac

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
Decided to move my whole setup to a table. Makes for a cleaner setup. At least I think so.

Please don't mind the reflection of the creepy guy in the monitor. He was swiftly dealt with afterwards.
NewSetup1_zps5d8b6be5.jpg

NewSetup2_zps99026625.jpg

NewSetup3_zps651469ed.jpg

One could say I purchased the Halo Reach Edition console solely because it matched my Macbook Pro. But one would be of course wrong in assuming so. Right? ;)
NewSetup4_zps584fd62b.jpg

What is that where your MBP is hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.