Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T400

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Tracking n shizz

Oh hi

I've been hanging out in the USA thread like a "douche"
Anyway hi

I ordered on dec 8th and it has now shipped 38 days later!!

Tracking wise I'm a bit confused

I've got an
Order number
Additional order number (???)
Tracking number
Our order reference number

Using "our order reference number" on the ups site

I've done that and I get "2 packages matching your package reference criteria"

Does it come in 2 boxes?
Or is that 2 scans of the same box or something

bg2

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
What stage is you iMac order at bg2?

i ordered a standard 27" on the 27th Dec 2012, paying by credit card.

I had the order confirmation 2 minutes after i put down the phone.

It had a education discount as i am a postgrad student. i wonder if these have less priority?

The order still shows as "processing, despatched: january"

:(

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I think the backlog is now starting to clear...mine was kind of strange..ordered on the 14th December and sat in Processing until last Wednesday...then preparing for shipment for 8 hours or so, then shipped, delivers this Friday. Apple are starting to make inroads despite just how frustrating it is, hang in there...your order status WILL change.

*Edit*

My new Imac came this afternoon...Four days earlier than Apple's predicted date of Friday. And the wait was certainly worth it!

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
*Edit*

My new Imac came this afternoon...Four days earlier than Apple's predicted date of Friday. And the wait was certainly worth it!

Congratulations! How long did you give it to get to room temperature before booting?

(I am hoping you dispel this urban myth macman. I have seen you do similar things on other such myths)

AceofJs

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
i ordered a standard 27" on the 27th Dec 2012, paying by credit card.

I had the order confirmation 2 minutes after i put down the phone.

It had a education discount as i am a postgrad student. i wonder if these have less priority?

The order still shows as "processing, despatched: january"

:(

you have nothing to be sad about i orded a base 27 with apple care on the 10th and still it says January :confused::confused:

10th DECEMBERR!

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006
Congratulations! How long did you give it to get to room temperature before booting?

(I am hoping you dispel this urban myth macman. I have seen you do similar things on other such myths)

Mine turned up today too - gave it the best part of ten minutes and thought what the hell, can't wit any longer! Fired it up and ran a pixel check then on to the fresh install of the software I want on it plus the installation of the Crucial RAM. Got a few beeps the first time I booted with the new ram but made sure the RAM was seated OK and all fine.

Haven't been able to test out the SSD yet to see if it was worth the investment but all seems very snappy so far!

Ordered on the 8th by the way.

bg2

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
you have nothing to be sad about i orded a base 27 with apple care on the 10th and still it says January :confused::confused:

10th DECEMBERR!

that's fair enough :eek:

----------

Mine turned up today too - gave it the best part of ten minutes and thought what the hell, can't wit any longer! Fired it up and ran a pixel check then on to the fresh install of the software I want on it plus the installation of the Crucial RAM. Got a few beeps the first time I booted with the new ram but made sure the RAM was seated OK and all fine.

Haven't been able to test out the SSD yet to see if it was worth the investment but all seems very snappy so far!

december i assume

Simonbgraphik

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2013
According to the spreadsheet a lot of UK orders from around the 3/4th Jan are being prepared for and being shipped. I ordered my 27" imac on the 4th of jan so fingers crossed for some news soon! I feel sad that we are all waiting so long.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK

Good stuff. Anything to take care on regards to the RAM install? I mean there's loads of stuff on youtube and the like but having done it, do you set the machine up first and then switch off and install, fire it up again and test the new RAM? Have done it before a few times on a Mac mini and a MacBook Pro so I am hoping it all comes back to me...

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Good stuff. Anything to take care on regards to the RAM install? I mean there's loads of stuff on youtube and the like but having done it, do you set the machine up first and then switch off and install, fire it up again and test the new RAM? Have done it before a few times on a Mac mini and a MacBook Pro so I am hoping it all comes back to me...

I've seen comments about installing the RAM before the first power-up of the machine - but is this really necessary - what if (and I will!) I want to add more RAM to my 16Gb in 6 months time?

The-Don

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Ordered mine on 22/12/12, payment went through on 28/29 and preparing for shipment earlier today.

CarloUK

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
Bath UK
I've just been on to UPS, the say the date (tomorrow) is "confirmed and the package will be deliver by the end of the day for sure".

Now, their tracking system pitches the package still in Cologne, Germany and I am in Liverpool so I am rapidly losing faith about tomorrow.

The agent I spoke to didn't have more detailed information than what appears on their tracking system. And their system doesn't link with expeditors.com so no further information possible.

Anyone else have a similar experience which had a happy ending to cheer me up?

Exactly what mine says so im expecting it. I think early tomorrow it will update as out for delivery because that will be its next scan point.

michaelmac

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2006

I let the iMac start and go through the initial setup first and then on to the pixel check. Thought best to make sure all OK before messing with installing RAM. After that it was an initial go to pop open the door to put the RAM in while the iMAc was upright but it is too fiddly - the door is quite tough to pop open. I simply placed a large towel on the floor then put the protective film back on the screen and laid the Mac down flat. Used a pen (retracted nib!) to push in to pop open the door - as mentioned you need a fair bit of force to do this. Just remember to make sure the RAM is well seated.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
According to the spreadsheet a lot of UK orders from around the 3/4th Jan are being prepared for and being shipped. I ordered my 27" imac on the 4th of jan so fingers crossed for some news soon! I feel sad that we are all waiting so long.

How long do you think it will be for those who ordered on the 7th of Jan? my order still says processing and Dispatch January.

Rybana

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
London, UK
It is on its way now...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know the situation with my order of 27" iMac to London, UK.

Ordered: 30/12/12
Payment: CC
Preparing for Shipment: 15/01/13

Details:

---------------
Preparing for Shipment
Dispatched: January

Configuration

•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•MAGIC TRACKPAD-Z
•Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
•COUNTRY KIT-B
------------

I have been very patient until now and don't want to get my hopes too high just yet but do you think that it might be delivered by the end of this week?

Thanks

So it has been shipped:

Ordered: 30/12/12
Payment: CC
Preparing for Shipment: 15/01/13
Shipped: 15/01/13
Estimated delivery on UPS system: 21/01/13
Estimated delivery on Apple tracking site: 18/01/2013

We'll see :) but either Friday or Monday it is... :D:D:D:D:D

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
How long do you think it will be for those who ordered on the 7th of Jan? my order still says processing and Dispatch January.
End of Jan at the earliest, based on previous. But depends on whether you order a standard or bespoke machine.

I'm curious to know why people are ordering at all... it's worth phoning the stores to see what they have in stock... various configs are available in stores - you just have to be quick!

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Have to say very tempted by this. Any sources or threads this is discussed on by some sensible people? Would intuitively like to pop in before first boot but not if it risks damage

I'm curious to know if there are any issues of installing ram before first boot up as I was planning on installing the 16GB ram I have sitting here before I'd switched my iMac on. This will be my first iMac, so I don't want to be doing something that may cause problems.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
End of Jan at the earliest, based on previous. But depends on whether you order a standard or bespoke machine.

I'm curious to know why people are ordering at all... it's worth phoning the stores to see what they have in stock... various configs are available in stores - you just have to be quick!

I have ordered the following configuration

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
•
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X8GB
•
3TB Fusion Drive
•
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
•
Apple Magic Mouse + Magic Trackpad
•
Apple Wireless Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
•
Apple Battery Charger
•
Accessory Kit

Apple USB SUPERDRIVE

doobry

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
Yay, delivered today! Up and running and I'm trying to get myself familiar with it.

I haven't tried the backlighting thing yet but I just watched a dvd on it and it looked spectacular.. ;) Can;t wait to learn more. Signing out now! Good luck, it's worth the wait!

D

Illustr8or

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
normal procedure. they will take the money when they are ready to ship
when you order they check for funds, and then that hold on that money drops off. it never went anywhere, just the bank expect it to so your available funds show it gone, when it is not.

Thanks for the info. ;)

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
I ordered at 13th December through my local Apple retailer and still no sign of it. God damn you Apple, get your **** together! It was the same waiting and waiting with iPhone 5! :S

• i7
  • 1TB fusion
  • 680mx

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I ordered at 13th December through my local Apple retailer and still no sign of it. God damn you Apple, get your **** together!

It would appear from other threads, Apple is giving preferential treatment to its own direct customers first. Many approved retailers especially overseas seem to be lagging. But there's been movement these past 7 days, so I imagine the channel to clear somewhat. I suspect you will hear within the next 7 days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.