Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjs2

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
UK
I have been very patient until now and don't want to get my hopes too high just yet but do you think that it might be delivered by the end of this week?

Highly unlikely, it's coming form china. Mine shipped yesterday with estimated 22nd.

I think you will get yours next week

Jameshrcairns

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
Ordered mine on 27th dec.. Seems a few people have already changed status from processing to preparing for shipment that have dates after mine, mines still stuck on processing with dispatched: January, anyone else from late December still processing?

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
well its arrived it was so cold when I unwrapped it it was wet with condensation

so all packaging removed and it was allowed to sit in a warm room for a few hours ( decided against the coal fire to warm it up :rolleyes:)

when it stopped showing a condensation patch when touched fire it up

guess what its nigh on perfect no problems so far screen is ok

I will run it until tomorrow then I will install the 32 gb of ram sitting in the desk

rjs2

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
UK
For info... mine's a BTO order placed 30 Nov, money cleared 12 Dec, finally went to prepping a couple of days ago and Shipping yesterday - 14 Jan. They're predicitng a Jan 22 delivery... which seems pretty slow.

According to Expeditors it looks like I've got a date at Abu Dhabi of 17 Jan - why so slow - 3 days to get from Shanghai to AD?? They then predict LHR on the 19th? Is this by flying boat, by any chance?

:confused:

I think mine could be in the same shipment as yours, same ship date, eta & route.

It looks like it'll be on EY867 (leaves in 3 hrs) (It will have taken a while to clear chinese customs) It should then arrive in Abu Dhabi on the 16th, and is booked out on the 17th on EY19/17.

It'll then need to clear UK customs & overground it afterwards.

Not long now... :)

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
Crikey, looks like the people who paid with finance got pushed right to the back of the line. It'll soon be to hand though so I am sure it'll be worth it...

Welcome to the right thread @Panomania56

----------

Don't forget to try and update the spreadsheet as well if you can

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0

I'm not sure if it was the financing or the bespoking... my sense, from living in the US forum for the last couple of weeks, is that it's the mods that are the main problem, although, yes, if you do a bank transfer you then have to wait for it to clear at Apples end, which seems to be about 10 days!!! Your order date is the date they can see your mullah.

I was told the delay wouldn't matter because they weren't shipping anything that soon so Nov 30 would stand (wrong!), and also that I needed to pay that way in order to get a VAT receipt for business reclaim (probably wrong as well...).

They also didn't explain that Apple RAM isn't required and that alt RAM is much cheaper and works fine.

So when I called my Apple store the day before I went to Prepping I discovered they had a slightly higher spec iMac in stock with 8gb RAM - if I could have bought that machine and some alt RAM the packs would a) have been cheaper and b) would have been on my desk two days ago! Thanks Apple :)

As someone on the US forum said... here's the price you pay for being an early adopter... crazy!

Thanks for the welcome!

rjs2

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
UK

danielemionph

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
ITALY
Ordered mine on 27th dec.. Seems a few people have already changed status from processing to preparing for shipment that have dates after mine, mines still stuck on processing with dispatched: January, anyone else from late December still processing?

Mine ordered on 5 December (with order confirmed on 18 December) still "processing - shipment: January" ....

iMac 27 inch
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-T

:(

CarloUK

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2009
Bath UK
Koeln, Germany 01/13/2013 5:25 P.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. / Released by Clearing Agency. Now in-transit for delivery.
01/13/2013 4:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
Dubai, United Arab Emirates 01/13/2013 12:42 P.M. Departure Scan
01/13/2013 10:43 A.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 01/13/2013 4:57 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 01/12/2013 11:51 P.M. Export Scan
Koeln, Germany 01/12/2013 1:19 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance.
Shanghai, China 01/12/2013 12:28 A.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 01/11/2013 10:35 P.M. Departure Scan
01/11/2013 7:16 P.M. Origin Scan
China 01/12/2013 9:21 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I take it from above that mine is in Germany and now on route to me ?
Does it fly to say Heathrow first ?
Its delivery date is Wednesday it says.
Have I decoded this right ?

Thanks (ordered 13th Dec)

Seems Apple delivery speeds are improving reading on here.
Mines being delivered tomorrow. I paid by debit card. I purchased the extra ram and dvd drive myself.

It went out of processing on Friday about a month from ordering

Carlo

bg2

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Ordered 27/12/12

paid by CC

still "processing"...

seems there's a lucky few who somehow jumped the queue!?

bg2

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013

yes, ordered on 27th also

Macsurtees

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
Ordered 31/12/12. Shipped today viaUPS Ireland ( I'm in Scotland). Tracking number 82..... Doesn't work on UPS system :confused:

Edit: a different tracking number appeared on the Apple site and this works. Delivery due (according to Apple, Jan 18th!) UPS say 21st.

Last edited:

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
I've just been on to UPS, the say the date (tomorrow) is "confirmed and the package will be deliver by the end of the day for sure".

Now, their tracking system pitches the package still in Cologne, Germany and I am in Liverpool so I am rapidly losing faith about tomorrow.

The agent I spoke to didn't have more detailed information than what appears on their tracking system. And their system doesn't link with expeditors.com so no further information possible.

Anyone else have a similar experience which had a happy ending to cheer me up?

Dec..

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
England
Yay :D mines is now preparing!

Ordered 10th Dec, went to preparing somewhere between 5 and 8 this afternoon.

Had notification from Apple at 12:43 that it had shipped. Apple website is estimating the 18th for delivery, but UPS are saying 21st and the Apple email says by or on 22nd. Wait is nearly over! Definitely seem to be setting up the pace a bit.

Last edited:

ssetem

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
I've just been on to UPS, the say the date (tomorrow) is "confirmed and the package will be deliver by the end of the day for sure".

Now, their tracking system pitches the package still in Cologne, Germany and I am in Liverpool so I am rapidly losing faith about tomorrow.

The agent I spoke to didn't have more detailed information than what appears on their tracking system. And their system doesn't link with expeditors.com so no further information possible.

Anyone else have a similar experience which had a happy ending to cheer me up?

Identical to me I think, you got import scan? 1:43am :)

Adam-

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
available to ship or dispatched

Ahhhhhh I SO BORED OF WAITING :(.

So bored that I'm excited that I was excited by the change in my status from

Processing Items Dispatched: January

to

Processing Items Available to ship: January

Is this bad? It seems worse but at least it is a change of site so now I don't get excited every time I see the word Dispatched!

Has this happened to anyone else?

PS: Ordered the 28th Dec

gao52

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Southport UK
Don't worry

Just to reassure you, mine was stuck in Cologne from Saturday to Monday apparently. On Monday morning the status was updated and delivery was confirmed. It arrived at 10.20 am. Hope everything works for you- well worth the wait!

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Just to reassure you, mine was stuck in Cologne from Saturday to Monday apparently. On Monday morning the status was updated and delivery was confirmed. It arrived at 10.20 am. Hope everything works for you- well worth the wait!

Cheers mate, hope it's a glitch in their system and it suddenly appears tomorrow some time. Enjoying the new toy, I take it.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I ordered mine on the 5 January by credit card. Its now showing Preparing for Shipment :D

27 inch iMac
2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
APPLE BATTERY CHARGER-GBR
Apple Num Kybd+User's Guide-B
G-Technology 4TB G-DRIVE Professional External Hard Drive
Apple USB SuperDrive

----------

I received a text message about an hour ago to say mine had been shipped and it will be delivered on or before 23 January :D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.