Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Me too! Had mine since Christmas! Love it!! Thought the screen would be an issue because I have a 3 as well... But it's not!

cedunn21

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2011
I've had the mini for about a week now and I'm in love with it! I previously sold my iPad 2 because I found it a burden to hold for long periods but I can use this device with much ease...I truly think ill stick with the mini for my tablet needs in the future!

JohnSFO

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
Count me in too. I've had my mini since Nov. 2nd and I haven't looked back. It's a pleasure to use every day. I was worried at first about the smaller size. But then I realized that the text on a mini in landscape mode is actually slightly bigger than a regular iPad in portrait mode, which is how I used my iPad 1. Now when I use the iPad 1 (a rarity) everything feels awkwardly oversized!

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I brought my ipad mini two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. When I brought it they only had one 32gb wifi so I was real close to the price of the iPad 4 and I debated for awhile with the sales person telling me the four was better. I took a chance with the mini since I knew I had thirty days to return it. I have not looked back. I still have my first generation ipad which feels like a brick compared to the mini. I guess I am lucky that I haven't seen a retina ipad because I am not prejudice against the screen on the mini. But the mini is so lightweight and thin that I hate putting a case on it. And I find touch typing on the onscreen keyboard to be just as easy as the first generation. :p

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've said it before, the mini is a great tablet. I have no regrets with it.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Even though I have a superb SwitchEasy Cover Buddy for it, I really use it, as it feels so great with no case. I also don't really worry about damaging it, as much as my iPhone, because it's always in a pouch when travelling, the Smart Cover protects the screen and the non-anodized aluminium is durable.

No doubt, if I was to place a Retina iPad next to the mini, I'd be reminded as to how the relatively lo-res the screen is in comparison, but I've totally forgotten about that, in truth.
Anyways it's only tech geeks like us, who even think about the non-retina screen.
Literally everyone I've shown my iPad mini to, or has bought one themselves, marvels at the size, weight and sheer awesomeness of this device.
John Gruber called it "the best computer ever made."

Hyperbole? Possibly, but pound-for-pound, in my opinion, the iPad mini is definitely the best tablet computer ever made.

Last edited:

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Got my iPad Mini in early December and am indeed loving it! Use it every day and when I leave the house, she goes with me. The portability and smaller dimensions make a big difference. I still have the iPad 3, too, but reach for the iPad Mini most of the time and it seems about the only times I use the larger one is when the smaller one is busy recharging! The retina screen on the iPad 3 is lovely, yes, but I don't miss a retina screen on the iPad Mini -- it is just fine the way it is and I have no difficulty in reading anything. Apple has hit another home run with the iPad Mini......

Piccio

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
As already said, the iPad Mini is a brilliant device.

Size and weight are perfect and the screen it's good, the lack of Retina it's not a big problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.