Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Have to say this is a pretty intense update. The way the landscape goes up and down, along with interactions with the environment like zip lining. Its a pretty nice change.

For all the haters, of course this is the same game with a different environment. Isnt that the point? I dont understand.

People hate because they don't understand lol. The numbers usually shut them up. We just have to wait a little while to see how many downloaded the game.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Well that was unexpected. I just tried my first game with TR2. I already miss TR1... physics in this one are weird.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I don't mind them doing it since you can totally play the games and never spend any real money. its the ones where it's basically impossible to move past X level without putting up some cash that bug me.

That's my argument as well, I have no desire to pay for something then have to keep paying to keep playing. Let me pay for it once and then that's it. Temple Run was one of those games that did it logically, if you played you could do everything, get everything, in the game without having to spend cash in a reasonable amount of time. Spend money if you just want to accelerate that a bit faster, but really not necessary.

That's why I'll test out Temple Run 2, normally I see "Top In-App Purchases" and I pass on the game.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Pretty cool.

I enjoyed trying to beat my friends in the first one until people started cheating with the glitch to get the high scores. That's no fun.

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Same old game with a different environment.
Moving on..

Poor baby, upset that they didn't wow you with more improvements for free? I mean, we all know you deserve only the best when you're not actually contributing a penny to the dev or doing ANY of the work to make the product. :rolleyes:

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
tbh I think its pretty fun. I wasnt a super fan of the first one just because it was all the same this is a nice change tho.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Fun game, but not worthy of a sequel. Ill pass.:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's a nice game, but doesn't really have a goal (for the users). Just a lot of running.

I'll try 2 out, but I kind of wish it had levels to complete or some quest to do.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Downloaded it last night. I need to give it more time, but so far I prefer the original Temple Run. Something is odd about how the camera follows your view and the fact that it's a lot less predictable. Which could make it more challenging or just make it less fun.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Yeah, it's a nice game, but doesn't really have a goal (for the users). Just a lot of running.

I'll try 2 out, but I kind of wish it had levels to complete or some quest to do.

Yup, it needs a "quick play" and "campaign" maybe to keep it interesting. I think it might be cool to have online competitions to see who can stay alive the longest.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
There seem to be a lot of these kinds of games where the entire premise is you play a guy who runs and all you have to do is jump over obstacles. Pretty simple premise, but it's still fun, IMO. Downloaded it, and I'm not very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.