Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Denmark
Hello.

I need some help.
I'm going to the US for 14 days and I need a prepaid dataplan for my iPhone 5.
I have looked on Red Pocket and Straight Talk. What is the best to get? Can I get a nano-sim on Straight talk?

I need at least 1GB of data.

Please help me out.

Thank you so much.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
You are going to need to buy a nano sim cutter to use it on straight talk. They may have changed it in the past month, since they released the iphone 5.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
Scam alert! iPhone 5 is in stock on Apple's Singapore web site. You have multiple threads wanting to buy iPhones. Next time you try a scam choose a country where iPhone 5 is not available!
Since you'll be in US could you be kind enough to purchased 3 sets of the iphone5 16gb and shipped it to me in Singapore. Payment will be by secured means of transfer! Just need someone in the US to buy for me. Thanks.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hello.

I need some help.
I have looked on Red Pocket and Straight Talk. What is the best to get? Can I get a nano-sim on Straight talk?

Please help me out.

Thank you so much.

Straight talk requires ordering the SIM card online so that may not be favorable to you. You could go with att unlimited everything and 1gb data for $65. America does not have good prepaid plans like in Europe or Asia.

wiammaren

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Just need someone in the US to buy for me.
a15

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
The simplest and easiest option is to either call AT&T, or visit one of their stores or authorized retailers (Best Buy) when you get there and let them handle it for you.

Red Pocket would be my second choice.

T-Mobile has prepaid nano SIMs, but their coverage isn't the greatest and they're still refarming their network so... you might be stuck on EDGE... or worse.

Otherwise, you'll need to cut your own nano SIM.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Since you'll be in US could you be kind enough to purchased 3 sets of the iphone5 16gb and shipped it to me in Singapore. Payment will be by secured means of transfer! Just need someone in the US to buy for me. Thanks.

Come on dude.

----------

Hello.

I need some help.

Please help me out.

Thank you so much.

Doesn't t-mobile have an unlimited everything plan or did they get rid of that?

xjosh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Denmark
Thank you all.

I'm fine with ordering the sim online. I see that Red Pocket have some cheap ones on Ebay.

I just don't want to cut the card myself. I have already ruined a simcardreader in one phone because I'm so bad at it..

I find the AT&T plan a little expensive?

Thank you again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.