Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewweiser

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
Can't wait for this app to launch. I got in a while ago, I lucked out with #1999. Hopefully I'll get in on launch date.

I'd assume that the IMAP servers would be customizable. But I could be wrong.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
190492, sigh. Of course, I signed up with my email address a month or so ago, so who knows. Someday it'll launch and someday we'll be allowed in.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This is the most overhyped app I've ever seen. I do not think it looks very innovative or useful, all of your e-mail gets routed through their server, and it only works with gmail. Yet, every time Mailbox's developers sneeze the tech bloggers are all over it, tweeting rapturous praise.

Its eddy cue's son. The blogs have an Apple link for hit fodder

And I agree that this whole reservation system seems a tad off. Not to mention unnecessary really.

----------

Does anybody know yet if this works with general IMAP servers besides gmail?

Per the article, not at this time

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
This is the most overhyped app I've ever seen. I do not think it looks very innovative or useful, all of your e-mail gets routed through their server, and it only works with gmail. Yet, every time Mailbox's developers sneeze the tech bloggers are all over it, tweeting rapturous praise.

And this "reservation system" seems very suspicious. Give them your phone number? I don't think so! This is a piece of software. Spin up more servers if you have too much demand. If they can't quickly respond to user load, their architecture was badly designed. The tech press should be slamming them for this, but again it's all fairy dust and rainbows.

I think it's one of those apps that the company makes just to try to get the company bought, much like sparrow, but more intentional.

sazivad

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
New Jersey
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I almost wish I had more mail to sort through just so I could fly through it with this app. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.