Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Interesting timing...
Refresh soon perhaps?

Seems unlike Best Buy to actually have good deals on Apple stuff.

markintosh

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Boise, ID
Amazon is matching!

I just checked and Amazon is matching the price. Saved another $60 by not having to pay tax. Just ordered another base 13"!

roguefury

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
[REDACTED]
Go to Amazon, they're matching

Just bought the 11" 128g one for $899 at Amazon, which is matching Best Buy's price.

Dealing with a Blue Shirt avoided, which is a win!:)

Josh125

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
Katy, TX
Just bought the 11" 128g one for $899 at Amazon, which is matching Best Buy's price.

Dealing with a Blue Shirt avoided, which is a win!:)

Macmall also states they will price match any authorized retailer, which Best Buy is. This is helpful for those of us that live in states that Amazon charges sales tax on.

http://www.macmall.com/n/macCustomPages-macCustomPages.115

They may get ticky tacky on the special promotion, but I believe it would work especially since Amazon is price matching.

edit: no go, and what a crappy reason. My chat is below, I don't think he understood sales and margin....but hey worth a try.

them: Hello my name is xxx and my extension is xxxx, I'll be happy to assist you. please give me a second to check on your question.
Josh: Are you price matching Best Buy & Amazon's sale on MBAs?
them: hi Josh
Josh: Hi xxxx
them: not always
because some of the purchases made thru amazon will directly come to us
Josh: Best Buy though?
them: and from best buy there will be sales tax in their purchases
Josh: That is true, but sales tax is a pass through and doesn't impact your margin.
them: its not about the margin, its about the price that the customer is paying
Josh: It's always about the margin! Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the chat.
them: youre welcome

Last edited:

CalsonicGTR

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Unfortunately, Amazon charges sales tax in PA so it is actually better for me to order from BB. Thanks to this thread for the heads up!

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Absolutely. This is pretty much the only apple machine I genuinely think doesn't have any big flaws at the moment and its priced very well.

The 13 and 15 inch macbook pros are too overpriced.

The retinas are just too expensive and have problems and lagginess.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
From the research that I've done on comparable ultrabook's for the same amount of product quality and customer service, the 13" macbook air at $999 is a good value... so I joined the club :)

Plus I was coming from a 4 and a half year old Asus EEE netbook that was on its last legs... so this thing is amazing :D

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
And squash any refresh ideas (I agree a ways off) they are doing a special sale on a bunch of things this weekend. They actually refer to it as Black Friday type deals. They've done this at least once before since mid December. Just grasping for sales

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Macmall also states they will price match any authorized retailer, which Best Buy is. This is helpful for those of us that live in states that Amazon charges sales tax on.

http://www.macmall.com/n/macCustomPages-macCustomPages.115

They may get ticky tacky on the special promotion, but I believe it would work especially since Amazon is price matching.

edit: no go, and what a crappy reason. My chat is below, I don't think he understood sales and margin....but hey worth a try.

them: Hello my name is xxx and my extension is xxxx, I'll be happy to assist you. please give me a second to check on your question.
Josh: Are you price matching Best Buy & Amazon's sale on MBAs?
them: hi Josh
Josh: Hi xxxx
them: not always
because some of the purchases made thru amazon will directly come to us
Josh: Best Buy though?
them: and from best buy there will be sales tax in their purchases
Josh: That is true, but sales tax is a pass through and doesn't impact your margin.
them: its not about the margin, its about the price that the customer is paying
Josh: It's always about the margin! Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the chat.
them: youre welcome

Don't shop with macmall. I had a importent order in with them earlier this week. Got a call, I had purchased to many different products from them so they flagged my account. I was asked to justify my purchase.

I explained you can give things away at the end of the year, have this thing called Christmas. I also explained they can justify me canceling my order.

Big bunch of self inflated asshats over there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.