$200 off Base 13" Air @ Best Buy Fri & Sat only

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mj1108, Jan 25, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2007
  2. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan
    Sounds like a good deal. I'm half tempted to jump on it, but I really want a 15" MBP. Such tough decisions! :D
  3. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    Looks like $200 off all air models today and tomorrow.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 19, 2008
    Interesting timing...
    Refresh soon perhaps?

Seems unlike Best Buy to actually have good deals on Apple stuff.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2010
    thanks for the info...just got $107 refund on purchase from last week
  6. macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    Amazon is matching!

I just checked and Amazon is matching the price. Saved another $60 by not having to pay tax. Just ordered another base 13"!
  7. macrumors 68000

Feb 16, 2009
    No way. Refresh with what? Haswell is still 5-6 months away. What would Apple refresh with? New and exciting colors? :rolleyes:
  8. macrumors member

Dec 5, 2010
    Go to Amazon, they're matching

Just bought the 11" 128g one for $899 at Amazon, which is matching Best Buy's price.

Dealing with a Blue Shirt avoided, which is a win!:)
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2013
    So should I wait until June for the new one? Or buy it now? Any advice?
  10. Josh125, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Macmall also states they will price match any authorized retailer, which Best Buy is. This is helpful for those of us that live in states that Amazon charges sales tax on.

They may get ticky tacky on the special promotion, but I believe it would work especially since Amazon is price matching.

edit: no go, and what a crappy reason. My chat is below, I don't think he understood sales and margin....but hey worth a try.

them: Hello my name is xxx and my extension is xxxx, I'll be happy to assist you. please give me a second to check on your question.
    Josh: Are you price matching Best Buy & Amazon's sale on MBAs?
    them: hi Josh
    Josh: Hi xxxx
    them: not always
    because some of the purchases made thru amazon will directly come to us
    Josh: Best Buy though?
    them: and from best buy there will be sales tax in their purchases
    Josh: That is true, but sales tax is a pass through and doesn't impact your margin.
    them: its not about the margin, its about the price that the customer is paying
    Josh: It's always about the margin! Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the chat.
    them: youre welcome
  11. macrumors 68000

Feb 16, 2009

Need a computer now? Buy now.
    Don't need a computer now? Wait until later.
  12. macrumors G3

Mar 20, 2003
    San Francisco
    The thing that sucks is no customization though. I'd love to get one if I could get it with 8 gb ram.
  13. macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2012
    Where do you see that?
  14. macrumors newbie

Sep 9, 2009
    Unfortunately, Amazon charges sales tax in PA so it is actually better for me to order from BB. Thanks to this thread for the heads up!
  15. macrumors 68030

Jan 6, 2009
    Absolutely. This is pretty much the only apple machine I genuinely think doesn't have any big flaws at the moment and its priced very well.

The 13 and 15 inch macbook pros are too overpriced.

The retinas are just too expensive and have problems and lagginess.
  16. macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2012
    From the research that I've done on comparable ultrabook's for the same amount of product quality and customer service, the 13" macbook air at $999 is a good value... so I joined the club :)

Plus I was coming from a 4 and a half year old Asus EEE netbook that was on its last legs... so this thing is amazing :D
  17. macrumors member

Dec 5, 2010
    On Amazon's site. Mine was just shipped...Prime rocks
  18. macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2012
    Hm, it seems they are out of the 128gb version at that price. Too bad, looked like a good deal:)
  19. macrumors regular

Jul 18, 2008
    And squash any refresh ideas (I agree a ways off) they are doing a special sale on a bunch of things this weekend. They actually refer to it as Black Friday type deals. They've done this at least once before since mid December. Just grasping for sales
  20. macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2013
    I wonder if Apple is trying to clean out their inventories to make way for new iPad Airs?
  21. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    Nope - BB running tons of sales right now - Amazon just price matching.
  22. macrumors 68000

Jul 3, 2009

Don't shop with macmall. I had a importent order in with them earlier this week. Got a call, I had purchased to many different products from them so they flagged my account. I was asked to justify my purchase.

I explained you can give things away at the end of the year, have this thing called Christmas. I also explained they can justify me canceling my order.

Big bunch of self inflated asshats over there.
  23. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    I hear more bad things about MacMall all the time. Almost purchased something from them. Glad I did not!
  24. macrumors 68000

Mar 29, 2009
    I buy from them all the time - no worries
  25. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    Have you ever tried to return products?