Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BmMac427

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
With tax returns coming soon, and mostly everyone will be getting a return. You guys looking into purchasing an apple product?

I am torn on what to do with mine. Not sure if I should pick up an apple mini 32gb now, or wait and see if a march release with retina comes out (Rumored, but I doubt it)

So, you guys purchasing a new apple product or waiting

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Those of us who own businesses usually pay at this time of the year, this year will be no exception for me.

I do encourage our government to buy Apple with the proceeds though.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I waiting to see If the iPad 5 comes out in March. If not by April I will be getting a iPad 4 probably 32GB.

If you buy an iPad 4 in April you're more than likely less than 5 months from the iPad 5, why not just wait 3-5 more months and get the new form factor (supposed)?

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
I was hoping for a march release of the retina mini also. however doesnt seem like it goes to happen. Will be waiting for October.

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
If your refund is big enough to pay for an iPad, you'd be better off figuring out how you can avoid giving the government an interest-free loan in 2013, too.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm using my refund to pay off some outstanding bills and the rest goes into the bank

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Picked up an open box 2012 MBA 11" from best buy with mine. Base level for $780 out the door.

Needed a small terminal workhorse for work at the data center. Fits much better than my 15" retina.

BmMac427

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Picked up an open box 2012 MBA 11" from best buy with mine. Base level for $780 out the door.

Needed a small terminal workhorse for work at the data center. Fits much better than my 15" retina.

Thats a great purchase with it :p - You already recieved your return?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I borrowed a little from my savings to buy my fiancee a 16gb LTE Mini. The money will be put back with my return. The rest is going to our savings/wedding fund.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Thats a great purchase with it :p - You already recieved your return?

No but I already filled out everything in TurboTax using my last pay stub. I get my W-2 this week to verify and submit. Bought it with a little of my savings, will replenish when my return comes in a week or two.

johntom2000

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Pikeville, Ky
If you buy an iPad 4 in April you're more than likely less than 5 months from the iPad 5, why not just wait 3-5 more months and get the new form factor (supposed)?

Because I have a 3rd Gen. iPod Touch. Apple is no longer putting out iOS updates for it and already some apps won't run on iOS 5.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
uh back taxes?

Nah man, my wife and I just make to dog-gon much money and I don't have anymore write offs. Its what happens when you pay everything off and try to live simple and not beyond your means. Thing is when you have children you can't afford to bring your income down. This world works violently aginst debt free people..When we were in debt and over our heads we would get back $7-8k every single year....Society whats to enslave us all, so buy buy buy, spend spend spend gotta keep that nasty consumerism wheel spinning.
Oh yeah your life will be meaningless without that new shiny (______)...Can't afford it finance it interest free for the first six months and only $20 thereafter.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Nah man, my wife and I just make to dog-gon much money and I don't have anymore write offs. Its what happens when you pay everything off and try to live simple and not beyond your means. Thing is when you have children you can't afford to bring your income down. This world works violently aginst debt free people..When we were in debt and over our heads we would get back $7-8k every single year....Society whats to enslave us all, so buy buy buy, spend spend spend gotta keep that nasty consumerism wheel spinning.
Oh yeah your life will be meaningless without that new shiny (______)...Can't afford it finance it interest free for the first six months and only $20 thereafter.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm wid ya pookie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.