Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
What do you use your ipad for if you have a smartphone and laptop?

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
It's enoughly more convenient than an Air to have it with me all the time, so there's that.

But as a result of that, and the SD/USB adapters, I end up using the Mini for imovie and iphoto stuff.

Then all the usual other culprits; surfing, reading, etc

Then there's aviation use, see sig for 3 month review.

Killyouridols

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Essex, UK
Mainly for those "in between" moments where I can't be bothered to turn on laptop and using my phone is too fiddly. That and off the cuff browsing. I have an android phone, so the additional variety of apps is a bonus.

Oh, and hi all :)

KYI

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I have a iPhone 5, MBP 13" and iPad 2.

I don't like taking the MBP to college everyday, so I take the iPad. I browse the internet all the time on the iPad, use the MBP more for when I need to type big things.

Also, it's my e-reader, my gamestation (lol), I watch movies on it when in bed, etc...

flight

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
While the iPad isn't more capable than a laptop, its battery life makes it my go-to device. It's not just the battery life while in-use that's great - some laptops can match or exceed it. It's the battery life while not-in-use that's amazing.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
I mostly use my iPad mini as my computer outside of working hours. I use my laptop for work and my iPhone when I'm on-the-go.

Cap41

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
For pilots flying small aircraft, the Ipad is just too big. whether you mount it or use it on your leg. Mini is perfect!!

PacerguyDon

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
My mini has taken over for most of my typical daily uses such as email, web surfing and gaming.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
I have a iPhone 5, MBP 13" and iPad 2.

I don't like taking the MBP to college everyday, so I take the iPad. I browse the internet all the time on the iPad, use the MBP more for when I need to type big things.

Also, it's my e-reader, my gamestation (lol), I watch movies on it when in bed, etc...

Little update: just sold my iPad. Even though I liked it a lot, it was to distracting. Always ended up playing games on it instead of studying, for example.

So now I'm with the iPhone 5 and the MacBook Pro, that I was using less because of the iPad. I forgot how good it is to use a MBP all the time :D

Also I could really use the money that I spent on the iPad, did a good deal for it, situation solved.

Basically, in my opinion and even though the iPad is awesome, I can say its not a necessary gadget at least for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.