Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
These "Safari is snappier!" lines are not funny anymore! Get over it, people!

zB6d6.gif

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Just updated the iPad (4th gen), iP5 updating as I write this.

I'll _swear_ that the 4 finger swipe app switch is much smoother and way easier to trigger. I know there's the placebo effect of an OS update, but I was very noticeable.

ITGuy

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
Patiently waiting for the jailbreak :cool:

On another note, totally dig the animated gears in Software Update on my iPhone 5 :apple:

DO NOT update to 6.1 via Software Update on the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. It messes up the jailbreak. See https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16741166/ and the rest of the discussion.

If you've already updated via Software Update, you will have to Restore 6.1 via iTunes to perform a clean jailbreak.

Always update via iTunes if you plan on jailbreaking.

ITGuy

Last edited:

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
After reading about how we're supposed to download iOS 6.1 I am sort of confused. What I did was connect my iPhone 5 to iTunes and just did an update through there. Was I supposed to do a clean restore instead for the upcoming jailbreak to work?

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
If you could care less it means you have a little caring left. I assume you don't have any caring less and therefore should be saying "I could't care less" - meaning your caring level is at 0.

Grammar nazi here.

Well, if you put it that way, I do have some caring left. How about that, Mr. Nazi?

ITGuy

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
After reading about how we're supposed to download iOS 6.1 I am sort of confused. What I did was connect my iPhone 5 to iTunes and just did an update through there. Was I supposed to do a clean restore instead for the upcoming jailbreak to work?

Updating over the air (OTA) directly from iOS devices should be avoided if you wish to jailbreak. You're good as you updated via iTunes.

ITGuy

Beatsbyair

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
Hopefully this will fix the wifi issues I have been having. The one that wasn't fixed by the update that was supposed to fix the issue. You Know...last time.;)

My wifi issues remain unfixed. This sucks, I was really hoping this would finally be a resolution for me.

Everything was fine back in the 5.1 days...and now for months, since 6.0...I've not been able to use wifi on half of the routers around town.

photographypro

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
American in Pisa (Italy)
iPhone App updates STILL not updating iTunes

Am I the only one with this problem? If I update apps on my iPhone, and then hook up my iPhone to my computer, it doesn't update the apps in iTunes. I have to redownload the same apps!

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Why isn't this 6.0.3? Because of Siri Fandango access (which should have been a server-side update)?

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
My wifi issues remain unfixed. This sucks, I was really hoping this would finally be a resolution for me.

Everything was fine back in the 5.1 days...and now for months, since 6.0...I've not been able to use wifi on half of the routers around town.

I also have this problem on my iPad Mini and iPhone 5. Really annoying.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Meanwhile in Mountain View they are actually adding a plethora of new features and nice updates to a minor release.

This could just as easily have been a 6.0.2 update.

meh

Glassed Silver:mac

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Ahh, Apple, I'm sure the mobile network operators love your update strategy. No wi-fi here so I couldn't download the 107mb OTA delta update, but if I set up my iPhone as a hotspot I can use it to download a 1gb update in iTunes... Good work!

Well, then set up that hotspot and download the update in iTunes.

----------

I have absolutely no use/interest for any of the "updates" in this release. that said, happy to update just for the sake of updating.
You have absolutely no interest in receiving the 50-odd bug fixes, a couple of which will actually improve your experience?

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
All I want is a colour profile editor so I can get rid of my pissy yellow tinted iPhone 5 screen. I hope Apple puts this in soon so I don't have to jailbreak, though I guess that would be admitting something wasn't as perfect as they would like...

Yumbo

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
Australia
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but the music player is much better now, as well as the lockscreen.

You can swipe to delete songs with iTunes Match, and download them individually. The lockscreen also displays album art correctly and has new music control buttons on the lockscreen to match the new music player.

You can only delete from songs.
Can't delete within playlists. Not consistent yet again.

Do the programmers actually use the product?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.