Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markintosh

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2004
Boise, ID
4GB....my thoughts

I was concerned about only have 4GB RAM in a machine as well. That was until this last week. I was working on a 16x20 photo in Photoshop and had 7 additional files in Photoshop from my D7000. Was making a poster for my daughter from our trip to Disneyland. It was the first time I have not had a Beach Ball of Death when working on a project like this. I'm coming from a MBP with 16GB RAM. I can honestly say the speed of the SSD more than makes up for the RAM.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm more than happy with the 4GB RAM.

dmk1974

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2008
My local Best Buy had an 11" MBA that was an open box price reduced from the special sale price. Combined with the 10% open box coupon that is still active, I got the 128 GB version MD224LL/A for just $705 pre-tax!

jtinch

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2011
For a couple weeks I had been going over the MacBooks and really had my eye on the rmb. This deal made me want to jump the gun. I had my local best buy hold a high end 13" for me. I looked around at the Macs before I went up to the customer service counter. The rMBP won me over so I left with the base 15" model.

Vikinguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
My local Best Buy had an 11" MBA that was an open box price reduced from the special sale price. Combined with the 10% open box coupon that is still active, I got the 128 GB version MD224LL/A for just $705 pre-tax!

:eek:

chael

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2011

NICE, you came UP!

deezayy

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Good lord, what do you folks do with your machines? It wasn't long ago I was running and HP with 512mb of RAM and a core solo chip. Thing ran great.

I snagged the base 13 air last night over the phone with best buy and picked it up today. I cannot wait to get it home. Replacing the first unibody macbook that still runs pretty solid. Gonna sell it for a couple bills if I can get it. :D

A few Safari tabs, tweetbot, app.net and a bunch of terminal windows open will cause paging pretty fast. I ended up returning it for a 13" rMBP and i'm way happier, the Air is a good machine but no comparison after having the retina pro IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.