Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I feel like everything is even faster on iPhone5 , there is an improvement with scrolling .. I noticed that they fixed the bug of fast scrolling , and the new music controls are cool ...
Its a cool thing overall but Come on Apple we need some serious stuff before iOS7 , I mean you all remember how amazing it was when they released 4.2.1 It took safari to a whole new level and I remember iPhone 4 killed all dual core phones of that time in benchmarks with this huge update ..

I dont really think we will see too much till iOS 7 but i do think that they will release iOS 7 before fall. iOS 6.2 might bring some good features aswell

Megamanfre

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
What exactly is this Dami voice? So far all I've seen for it online is references to it in apples release notes.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm pretty sure it's actually "tap anywhere outside the folder to close" :) Try that. I've been closing folders that way for ages, never even considered pinching them closed. I'd bet people closing them with a pinch are just tapping outside the folder with one of the fingers they're using to pinch.

Yeah, tapping works, but I have now confirmed that Osullivan1 is correct; pinch to close is new in iOS 6.

Darkhrse99

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico
What exactly is this Dami voice? So far all I've seen for it online is references to it in apples release notes.

I wish I knew also, I've looked everywhere on the phone and didn't see anything that changed Siri with that name. It probably just an update that has no change to Siri by the user...

Megamanfre

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
I wish I knew also, I've looked everywhere on the phone and didn't see anything that changed Siri with that name. It probably just an update that has no change to Siri by the user...

Wonder if its the male UK English. Never used it before, and it's definitely more like Steven Hawkings robot voice.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Anyone who has Geekbench on their iPhone 5...could you test Geekbench and see if the score improved ? Post a pic please

CrazyRussian540

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2009
wwSGwWN.jpg

Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
Is anyone able to comment if the bluetooth issues with newer honda/acura handsfreelink vehicles have been addressed? Honda swears it's an iPhone issue, I really don't know what to believe..

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
First of all you had to double click to get that to pop up. Second, you could just double click for the clock to show up again. First world problems...

Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...

aussiejames

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Lengthy download times in Sydney, Australia. My iPad estimated 2 hours. My iPhone estimated 1 hour, and currently at 41mins remaining. I suppose their servers may be getting hammered.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Lengthy download times in Sydney, Australia. My iPad estimated 2 hours. My iPhone estimated 1 hour, and currently at 41mins remaining. I suppose their servers may be getting hammered.

OTA update?

I downloaded through iTunes (the entire firmware) at 784.6MB for my 3GS. Took 77 mins since my broadband was 1.5mbps.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

Why? Why would they do this? How is getting rid of the clock (or making it tiny) a good thing?

At least when playing music you can now see artist, song & album where the hour was, the hour is shown small at the top like in the homescreen and now you can see the album artwork nicely balanced in the middle.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Yeah I'm doing OTA - though still on my home WIFI which is 10Mbps. Files are only a little over 100MB I think.

Hope it completes quickly for you! I'm scared of OTA because of any potential problems, but I guess it's just me. x.1 updates I normally download through iTunes. :)

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Apple should've made the lockscreen music controls permanent whenever music is playing. Double-tapping the home button just to make it appear is so counter-intuitive...

Is the App Store and the Music app smoother and lag-free than 6.0.1? These 2 redesigned apps seem to be quite buggy in 6.0.1...

As a matter of fact yes the iTunes and the App Store is most certainly smoother on my i5 on iOS 6.1. I Actually noted this a few times in this thread already

I also noticed the Music App launches a little faster on iOS 6.1 then it did previously.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
As a matter of fact yes the iTunes and the App Store is most certainly smoother on my i5 on iOS 6.1. I Actually noted this a few times in this thread already

I also noticed the Music App launches a little faster on iOS 6.1 then it did previously.

I see, thanks for the info! I'm currently considering updating my iPod Touch 4th gen, which is still on 5.1.1. :)

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I see, thanks for the info! I'm currently considering updating my iPod Touch 4th gen, which is still on 5.1.1. :)

You defitnetly should, Apples first .1 update in a major release always fixes kinks and some graphical bugs and inconsistencies. iOS 6.1 defitnetly improves my performance it will improve yours too. The faster Safari from going from 5.1.1 to 6.1 alone is a huge difference.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Fixed stereo Bluetooth!

Fixed the stereo Bluetooth latency bug!!! Before some songs would take a few seconds to start and then a few seconds of the next sound would get clipped. Videos were out of sync with audio if you ffwd or rew on the scrubber or whatever it's called.

New "issue" though now seems that it takes a second or two for the actual audio to come through in vids and skipping tracks in audio has led to a few dropping of sound for up to 10 seconds.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I already posted this in the news thread about 6.1 ... but on my 4th gen iPad things are much perkier, especially the 4 finger task swipe. Seems like the gesture detection is much better, I can easily do it where before it's like it didn't' always register.

Otherwise it seems solid all around.

Er, I did have to upgrade XCode to 4.6 to publish to my 6.1 devices, but it's running better too :)

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I already posted this in the news thread about 6.1 ... but on my 4th gen iPad things are much perkier, especially the 4 finger task swipe. Seems like the gesture detection is much better, I can easily do it where before it's like it didn't' always register.

Otherwise it seems solid all around.

Er, I did have to upgrade XCode to 4.6 to publish to my 6.1 devices, but it's running better too :)

What exactly did the new Xcode update do? Will or could it potentially affect future iOS apps for the better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.