Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
now my order (specs in sig) has shipped! i order on the 26th, had two pending charges (the initial purchase and on the 17), prepared on the 26th and shipped on the 26th as well. now i just have to figure out which plane it's on. do i have any travel buddies?

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
now my order (specs in sig) has shipped! i order on the 26th, had two pending charges (the initial purchase and on the 17), prepared on the 26th and shipped on the 26th as well. now i just have to figure out which plane it's on. do i have any travel buddies?

My identical system from Dec 22 went 'shipped' and was in FedEx's hands in Shanghai about a half hour later, but "missed order cutoff" today. I'm not worried about which plane it's on now that I know that Apple has finally put the stupid thing in a box and officially taken my money.

I've spent too much of today coding on my 2.4Ghz C2D iMac and staring at the spinning beachball. Relief will be here soon.

I tried to update the spreadsheet thingy, but it was being crotchety.

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
My identical system from Dec 22 went 'shipped' and was in FedEx's hands in Shanghai about a half hour later, but "missed order cutoff" today. I'm not worried about which plane it's on now that I know that Apple has finally put the stupid thing in a box and officially taken my money.

I've spent too much of today coding on my 2.4Ghz C2D iMac and staring at the spinning beachball. Relief will be here soon.

I tried to update the spreadsheet thingy, but it was being crotchety.

looks like we're in the same boat, mine didn't make cutoff. the spreadsheet worked for me a few minutes ago, try again.

i feel your pain, i had a mid 2010 mbp that crashed. two weeks later i bought a mid2012 mbp (non retina) just to last me until i got back to the states and that crashed in less than a month. now i'm computerless...can't wait to get it and play games/watch movies on it.

CMUfoto89

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Michigan
looks like we're in the same boat, mine didn't make cutoff. the spreadsheet worked for me a few minutes ago, try again.

i feel your pain, i had a mid 2010 mbp that crashed. two weeks later i bought a mid2012 mbp (non retina) just to last me until i got back to the states and that crashed in less than a month. now i'm computerless...can't wait to get it and play games/watch movies on it.

I too missed the cutoff, but my iMac has finally shipped! Expected delivery to MI on January 30th by 10:30am. Seems like alot of us that have similar order dates & configs are finally getting their iMacs shipped. :D

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

----------

I've seen people track their shipments from Shanghai with FlightAware - how is this done? Do you need a specific flight number or what? :confused:

CaptMike

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2012
21.5" BH PHOTO orders

Spoke to BH PHOTO today.

Told them that it has been reported in this site that other have received their 21.5, I7, 16GB, fusion drive when ordered directly from apple. Of course BH rep was sorry about that.

I informed him that others were getting a free SuperDrive directly from apple for their inconvenience of waiting. I asked him if a SuperDrive can be compt for customer satisfaction and he said that BH cannot do this for me.

He did say that a apple order was shipped to BH on 1/20 and he shows that that waiting order does include inventory to satisfy my requested build.

He thought that that order would be received by BH this week (1/27)

UPDATE: IF I CAN FIND A 21.5-I7-Fusion-16GB LATE 2012 ON LINE AND IN STOCK FROM A DIFFERENT RESELLER, I WILL CANCEL THE ORDER WITH BH PHOTO AND ORDER IT FROM (THEM)

Last edited:

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
Delivery dates, estimates and times

Hey guys, so my iMac status changed to "preparing for shipment" yesterday (Saturday 26th January). How long on average does it take for them to ship?.
How accurate are the delivery dates? the reason i ask is because i'm a university student (in the UK) and attend university every day (accept for weekends when i'm working from home) So i will need to take a day off for the delivery of my new iMac, but i don't want to take a day off university and sit at home if it's not going to arrive on that day.

What sort of experiences have you guys had with your iMac delivery's?

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Hey guys, so my iMac status changed to "preparing for shipment" yesterday (Saturday 26th January). How long on average does it take for them to ship?.
How accurate are the delivery dates? the reason i ask is because i'm a university student (in the UK) and attend university every day (accept for weekends when i'm working from home) So i will need to take a day off for the delivery of my new iMac, but i don't want to take a day off university and sit at home if it's not going to arrive on that day.

What sort of experiences have you guys had with your iMac delivery's?

It will usually take about 12-48 hours to ship once it goes to prepared for shipment with 24 hours being the average. Regarding how accurate the delivery dates , going by the spreadsheets it appears they are on time or even a bit earlier than scheduled.

If you need to take a day off, then once it ships Fed-Ex or UPS should give you a certain arrival date and if it arrives early and you scheduled a day off you can contact them to reschedule the delivery. The last question I can not offer any advice on as I am still waiting for mine to move from processing to Prepared for shipment which i am guessing will happen for me around Feb 2-4 time frame according to the spreadsheet.

Dave26

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
UK
It will usually take about 12-48 hours to ship once it goes to prepared for shipment with 24 hours being the average. Regarding how accurate the delivery dates , going by the spreadsheets it appears they are on time or even a bit earlier than scheduled.

If you need to take a day off, then once it ships Fed-Ex or UPS should give you a certain arrival date and if it arrives early and you scheduled a day off you can contact them to reschedule the delivery. The last question I can not offer any advice on as I am still waiting for mine to move from processing to Prepared for shipment which i am guessing will happen for me around Feb 2-4 time frame according to the spreadsheet.

I noticed it had changed to "preparing to ship" yeaterday when I checked. So by that timeframe it should ship tomorrow I'm thinking today is unlikely because its Sunday. And then I'm guessing its a few days until its delivered to my door. So either the end of this week or next week I should have my new iMac I've been waiting impatiently for :)

Nicola1on1

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Ordered 27 th December. Still processing !!! I am in the UK.

Ordered i7 3.4 32 GB 3TB fusion drive. 680 graphics card, drive , magic mouse

Hope it ships this week as January is soon to run out!

Rokoman

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Ordered 28th December (Australian time - US 27th)

3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX with 1GB

Just changed to Preparing For Shipment!!!!!! I'm so excited :D

Hopefully it gets here before Friday. Having to wait a whole weekend after all this would be such a tease! Haha.

woodztream

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Did I read that right or not enough coffee yet, May of 2012???!??!

Wow..

I just ordered 01/23/13, 27" maxed probably going to be a bit but I'm in no hurry. I just hope arrives with no defects.....

Haha, they're slow but not THAT slow. 5th of december. In sweden we write dates in that order.

Still hasn't been delivered by the way…

cpnharlock

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
San Francisco, CA
I ordered mine on the 28th of December here. Switched to "Preparing for Shipment" yesterday (27th of January) and switched to "Shipped" today! So for anyone who ordered around that time frame, please be patient!

Expected delivery date: 31-JAN-2013. Spreadsheet updated

I'm quite excited!:D

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
iMac 27"
•3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•3TB Fusion Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
(32GB of SDRAM in hand)

Ordered Dec 29.
Shipped Saturday Jan 26 from China Headed for Dallas, TX
Monday still in China
Expected delvery date Thursday January 31.

anything not consistent with prior experience?

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Urbanhippy, we ordered identical systems and our experiences seem consistent. You ordered a week later and we're scheduled for delivery on the same day. Mine also was handed to FedEx on Saturday (late) and is still in Shanghai, but showing delivery on Wednesday. I assume FedEx knows the rules of this game. I'm not sure why it shows a weight of 6.8 and a total weight of 32.8 pounds but a 79x66cm (31x25 inches) box isn't applecare or the trackpad.

Whatever backlog they had must have broken free.

There was *something* about this high-end combination (3TB/Fusion? 3.4? 680MX?) that must have had an availability problem because as you scan back a few pages, you'll see that a lot of us that ordered in December and they all started moving at the same time after weeks of silence.

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Urbanhippy, we ordered identical systems and our experiences seem consistent. You ordered a week later and we're scheduled for delivery on the same day. Mine also was handed to FedEx on Saturday (late) and is still in Shanghai, but showing delivery on Wednesday. I assume FedEx knows the rules of this game. I'm not sure why it shows a weight of 6.8 and a total weight of 32.8 pounds but a 79x66cm (31x25 inches) box isn't applecare or the trackpad.

Whatever backlog they had must have broken free.

There was *something* about this high-end combination (3TB/Fusion? 3.4? 680MX?) that must have had an availability problem because as you scan back a few pages, you'll see that a lot of us that ordered in December and they all started moving at the same time after weeks of silence.

I think it was the overall setup (i.e., fusion drive, i7, etc).

I think weight is funny too. I was thinking the exact same thing . Maybe the packagin weight it 6.8LBS? no clue.

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
Mine says it went in transit at 3:01 on Tuesday(it's still Monday here in Texas though :p). Any way to figure out which flight it is? I think it's FDX90 but the times don't exactly match up.

- 1/29/2013 - Tuesday
3:01 am
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
2:19 am
International shipment release - Import
SHANGHAI CN
- 1/28/2013 - Monday
10:00 pm
At local FedEx facility
SHANGHAI CN
- 1/26/2013 - Saturday
6:53 pm
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff
6:53 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
5:28 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
gsmumbo, our machines were probably on the same truck at one point. If I set TZ for "Local Scan Time", I see we both left fedex saturday 6:53pm. I got a slight jump on you through customs, which looks like it might gotten it on an earlier flight, if that's indeed what "In Transit" means.

- 1/28/2013 - Monday
10:45 pm In transit SHANGHAI CN
10:43 pm International shipment release - Import SHANGHAI CN
- 1/26/2013 - Saturday
6:53 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN
6:52 pm Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
5:29 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

There are flight stalking tips on page 61 of this thread. The time zones are making my head hurt, but I think I'm on FDX90 as that's the only FDX flight departing Shanghai heading for the US. I guess there's nothing that really says it *has* to fly FedEx or that it has to be a direct flight. As you're in TX (I'm in TN) Memphis seems like a lovely place for our machines to be introduced to American soil, but I'm a programmer, not a shipper.

There was an article this morning that seems to confirm what we're seeing in this thread; they've finally found/fixed whatever was causing the long delays.
https://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/2...-shipments-soon-to-end-claim-parts-suppliers/ I'm in agreement with that first poster. If they'd put USB3 in a 2011 iMac, they could have had my money a couple of quarters ago.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
My iMac should (finally) be here tomorrow.

I ordered on 12/27. I live in USA (Georgia)

iMac 27" 3TB fusion, 2GB video card, 8GB RAM.

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Here is my timing at FedEx. same flight?

Shipment Travel History
Jan 29, 2013 3:01 AM
In transit
Jan 29, 2013 2:19 AM
Jan 28, 2013 10:00 PM
At local FedEx facility
Jan 26, 2013 5:29 AM
Jan 26, 2013 6:53 PM
Picked up
Details

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
Here is my timing at FedEx. same flight?

Shipment Travel History
Jan 29, 2013 3:01 AM
In transit
Jan 29, 2013 2:19 AM
Jan 28, 2013 10:00 PM
At local FedEx facility
Jan 26, 2013 5:29 AM
Picked up
Details

Looks like it :) Still trying to figure out what flight it's on though. The only one I've found was FDX90 which is the same one that robertlipe believes his might be on. That flight landed not too long ago so I guess we'll find out soon.

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Mine arrived in Memphis within the hour on this Monday evening, consistent with a FDX90 flight. Memphis to Nashville (ish) by Wednesday morning is a piece of cake.

+ 1/29/2013 - Tuesday
11:03 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

(local scan time - I'm in the same TZ as Memphis.)

Without knowing your TZ settings when you view the page at fedex.com, it's really hard to compare. Even if you're a day behind, it's clear that it's finally time to clear desk space and free a power and ethernet outlet for our new shines to take their new homes.

A watched iMac delivery never boils...or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.