Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicola1on1

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Changed to shipped today. Delivering on or before 5 th feb.
I ordered on 27 th December and live in Scotland UK.

Anyone know how long it takes for delivery info to become available?

robertlipe

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Nine hours off the plane in Memphis and it's in my home outside of Nashville a day early. Wow, Fedex. Now to let it warm up while I start coffee. Don't want any condensation stories...

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
Nine hours off the plane in Memphis and it's in my home outside of Nashville a day early. Wow, Fedex. Now to let it warm up while I start coffee. Don't want any condensation stories...

mine is on the truck for delivery as well:D unfortunately it'll be an additional two weeks (guessing) before it gets to because i'm having it forwarded via a third party source to an apo address.

CMUfoto89

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Michigan
DELIVERED - 1 day early!!

Ordered 12/27 - shipped 1/26 - projected delivery 1/30 - DELIVERED 1/29!!! FINALLY I have it in my possession & for all of you who have projected delivery dates, FEDEX usually delivers 1 day early(in all my experiences with Apple products & FEDEX) so be happy & celebrate - your babies might just arrive 1 day earlier than expected!! Hope everyone that hasn't received their iMacs yet will get them very soon and to those who already have them - ENJOY -I know I will. :D

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
...and it was just delivered!

eta: apobox.com forwarded my box to me less than 30mins after they recieved it!

Last edited:

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
Ordered through a dealer last December 6. I was told to call this Saturday if it arrives. >.<

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
... Clearance delay - Documentation Illegible. Shipment requires a complete commercial invoice.

Are you kidding me? :'( hopefully it still gets here Thursday.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Yesterday I got an email, my 27" BTO is on it's way, in 5-7 business days ;)

So with luck next week I'll have my shiny new iMac, only took them 9 weeks!

Ordered Dec 1st through a Apple Reseller here in Qld Australia.

scottgoh

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012

nice, i got mine last dec. enjoy yours.

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009

I hope I do not wait as long as you do. My 32GB of RAM is getting stale.

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
... Clearance delay - Documentation Illegible. Shipment requires a complete commercial invoice.

Are you kidding me? :'( hopefully it still gets here Thursday.

I got the very same thing.

Documentation illegible. Shipment requires a complete Commercial Invoice

Stuck in Alaska... damn

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
I'm on the phone with Apple right now and they are seeing what they can do to get it cleared :)

I spoke to them already, they said FedEx would work with Apple naturally and there was nothing my calling could do.

If your guy gets something done, make sure he nudges mine through too? tell him it looks just like yours.

ha

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
I spoke to them already, they said FedEx would work with Apple naturally and there was nothing my calling could do.

If your guy gets something done, make sure he nudges mine through too? tell him it looks just like yours.

ha

lol I ended up getting transferred to one of the Apple Online Store managers. She escalated it to their shipping team with high priority and gave me her direct line in case I had any issues. She also said she'd try and give me a call once the escalation gets taken care of so I would stay updated. She said due to the delay it might push back the est arrival date(it's supposed to arrive tomorrow) but she'd do everything she can to keep that initial date.

[Edit] My guess is the issue is with that specific batch that came in on that flight. If mine gets taken care of I would assume it would also take care of yours :)

GantzGod

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Oshkosh,WI
Finally!

Ordered 12/22
Shipped 1/27

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

barrydc

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
One Unhappy Camper!

I just registered to put my sad story here. I ordered the below configuration from a local reseller on Dec.5—today makes 8 WEEKS WAITING!! I am close to giving up. I have never seen such BS in my life!

1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE
Std. Apple Kybd (English)

Last edited:

Will M

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
OK, here we go....

I have been following both the Reseller Threads and the December Order Thread since the absolute beginning of these threads.

First of all, great work to everybody, very cooperative and informative!

Now I am ready to participate and really fed up just reading all the replies every day, it's time I put in some information myself.

I have ordered the 27' Base Model (trackpad) + Superdrive + Devlivery in January!!! through a reseller in Germany on the 6th of December, I would have ordered earlier, but the reseller was on a holiday till the 6th.
The reason I have ordered at a reseller was because I could order through work and thought that it would be quick and reliable.
I was quite wrong.....!

I have heard nothing else than, Apple does not respond, the order has no delivery date, Apple has not confirmed yet, the order isn't processing yet, etc.

I am waiting 8 weeks now, and reaaaally getting annoyed at the way Apple is taking care of things. It's obviously not the resellers fault. All resellers around the globe are left in the dark completely in my opinion! Just check out the reseller threads, it's really not just the ones I have spoken with.
I visited a local reseller here in Germany today, one of several in the city.
I provided him with a few questions, such as how is Apple handling you at the moment regarding the new iMac?
And guess what....?
Same story, no news from Apple, only the Apple store has a few, bla, bla, bla....

I asked him if he was angry or annoyed, and of course he was, but as you can imagine... He said, what can you do about the way Apple takes care of things regarding the new iMac delivery. They are in charge! This way of doing things is hurting the resellers in my opinion. This has been stated in the reseller threads before, and I think it's true.

I am not gonna repeat the replies in all threads I have read, that resellers are receiving their iMacs a bit slower than Apple itself. That was ok for me, but reading three threads for the past 2 months waiting for it.....
I have seen and heard enough!
I am a big and longtime Apple user, but my whole experience up to receiving my new iMac is making me sick at the moment! Disgusting!

The only thing I can do is be patient, and share my story here, knowing that it is one more reply in all threads going on about the new iMac.

I wish those who wait with me good luck, and those who have received their machine the best times!

Waiting.....

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
I just registered to put my sad story here. I ordered the below configuration from a local reseller on Dec.5—today makes 8 WEEKS WAITING!! I am close to giving up. I have never seen such BS in my life!

1TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Std. Apple Kybd (English)

My 27" iMac has the same spec, took just over 8 weeks to get an email saying it was on it's way. So will be over 9 weeks by the time it gets here.

Hang in there.

So anyone going to lock their precisions to the desk once they get it?

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
lol I ended up getting transferred to one of the Apple Online Store managers. She escalated it to their shipping team with high priority and gave me her direct line in case I had any issues. She also said she'd try and give me a call once the escalation gets taken care of so I would stay updated. She said due to the delay it might push back the est arrival date(it's supposed to arrive tomorrow) but she'd do everything she can to keep that initial date.

[Edit] My guess is the issue is with that specific batch that came in on that flight. If mine gets taken care of I would assume it would also take care of yours :)

I think our delivery date just got pushed back. No way they get my mac from Anchorage to Dallas by this evening!

Thank you Murphy

gsmumbo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Dallas, Tx
I think our delivery date just got pushed back. No way they get my mac from Anchorage to Dallas by this evening!

Thank you Murphy

Yup. I'm in Dallas too btw so we're definitely going to be on the same flights. I tried calling the manager back a minute ago but got her voicemail. Going to try again in a few minutes. :(

UrbanHippy

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Yup. I'm in Dallas too btw so we're definitely going to be on the same flights. I tried calling the manager back a minute ago but got her voicemail. Going to try again in a few minutes. :(

BTW... I got a free super drive for the delay(~$80 value). Hope you are compensated for the delay considering we already paid Apple for the iMac and it's their paperwork issue which caused the delay.

Best

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.