Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bangolufsen

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
I'm going with August instead of October.
In fact it wouldn't surprise me if it stays on August for a while.
Back to school + Christmas = **** ton of iPads getting sold

StarPower

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
Can't wait for this!! Applying iPad mini design language to the iPad is gonna be of epicly gorgeous proportions.

that user

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2011
All of the design updates for the iPad have been mainly trivial since they only changed the back and the majority of the users put on cases. They were good because it was great to see the change at the store and made people want to buy the product but this is really the first true update if it's real. It will change the back, the front and even the way user holds it. It's exciting. The next step should be, as many have mentioned, an updated look for iOS. I hope they are working on it... hard.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Beautiful. Im hoping since we are seeing leaks of the shells that the release of these will be march/april

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
Finally. Have always felt the bezel on the iPad was way too large.

Also, it seems thinner? Will it be the same weight due to battery density?

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Apr 23, 2011
Then get the white and silver version. I despise when people complain about something when that problem can be resolved by getting another version of the same device.

It's not the same. I'd like to agree with you, but the white bezel is annoying. I've been using black bezels in iToys and other devices since always and thats's not going to change.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
?

300ppi vs 264ppi

nexus 10 has nearly 1 million more pixels

agree, the aluminum with ipads is nicer tho

More pixels, but a Pentile display. Which means every single pixel has only two subpixels, allowing only 65536 colours out of a very limited colour range. On a Pentile display, it is actually physically impossible to have a black screen showing a single white pixel - you need two pixels side by side to make them look white.

matthijst

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Cool, seems like we'll be getting a new iPad in march/april after all :D
If they just do the same as with the iPhone 5, this can be done without Sharps IZGO; just make the aluminum a bit thinner and use the same screen technology as the iPhone (so thinner as well).

If they could reduce the iPhone's weight by 20% while making the screen larger and keeping the batteryr life, maybe the new iPad will weigh 500 grams instead of 652. With the iPad Mini at 308 that's still a big enough difference between them.

jv96

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
More pixels, but a Pentile display. Which means every single pixel has only two subpixels, allowing only 65536 colours out of a very limited colour range. On a Pentile display, it is actually physically impossible to have a black screen showing a single white pixel - you need two pixels side by side to make them look white.

Nexus 10 has a RGB Display not a pentile!!!!

Morky

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
NYC
I'm getting tired and annoyed of product leaks!

I miss the days when products were not basically leaked piece by piece and essentially put together weeks before the announcement. I miss the days of not knowing what was going to be unveiled at the keynote. I miss the feeling of complete surprise and awe when the product was finally unveiled after waiting on the edge of my seat for what felt like an eternity.

Sure the leak if the iphone 4 was some fluke freak accident - and shocking at the same time, but knowing what the iphone 5 looked like a month before the keynote was just down right annoying.

I wish the supply chain would stop leaking images :(

I agree, that a was a fun time 2000-2010. Oohing at iPhoto cross fades, gasping at Expose, anticipating each show like Christmas. And Steve's showmanship, second to none.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Nexus 10 has a RGB Display not a pentile!!!!

Actually, they showed two versions, one with RGB and one without.

If you buy one and it doesn't have a big big sign saying "RGB with real colours!!! For the very first time in any tablet (made by Samsung)", then it's Pentile.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
If you added a little more bezel on the sides and turned it so it is horizontally, it looks like it is taking on MS Surface design of rectangle with rounded corners. :eek:

Just sayin'! :apple:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Was there really any doubt the form factor would start to follow the Mini's? It is nice for sure.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
It's odd to see these things surfacing now when they won't be released until October. Assuming these are legit, naturally. I'd think the March update is likely, but I wouldn't expect a huge upgrade with internals or processors, etc. Form and memory and little else.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
It's odd to see these things surfacing now when they won't be released until October. Assuming these are legit, naturally. I'd think the March update is likely, but I wouldn't expect a huge upgrade with internals or processors, etc. Form and memory and little else.
This.

If this comes in March, big IF. It'll still have A6X.

But with a smaller case, they've had to have made some major new evolution of battery technology... or we'll be looking at a 6-8hr battery life iPad, and Apple's not going to make that sacrifice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.