Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Any1 already using it please tell me the best way to apply it .... I want alignment to be perfect, dust is not a issue for me i know how to avoid them ... I just want a bubble free and perfect fit.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Any1 already using it please tell me the best way to apply it .... I want alignment to be perfect, dust is not a issue for me i know how to avoid them ... I just want a bubble free and perfect fit.

I kept a can of compressed air in one hand and held the screen protector right above the phone with my other hand. I sprayed the air then immediately placed down the protector.

When you put the protector on, it sort of floats above the phone until you press down on it. Use that time to get the alignment perfect. It took me one try.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
No problems with mine

Had to squeegee it a bit after application, but no bubbles, lint, etc.

Attachments

• Photo on 1-30-13 at 4.47 PM.jpg
    Photo on 1-30-13 at 4.47 PM.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 87

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Did you used the "Hinge Method" ?
You have installed it 100% perfect ... i have ordered mine and quite nervous on which is the best way to apply them ...
Few tips will be helpful :)

I actually don't recommend the hinge method, as that helps more with traditional flexible screen protectors to help line them up. Because the glass is rigid, it's not too hard to line up. That, and by lining it up perfectly on one side does not guarantee the rest will line up right.

Personally I have found that lining up the cutouts first leads to a better fit everywhere (i.e. start with the home button as that is the one thing you cannot mess up, and go up from there making sure the speaker is lined up as well.)

Because they cut these holes precisely, lining these up leads to a perfect fit for the sides. Remember the sides don't line up perfectly with the edge of the screen, so even if you get that right, your other cutouts can still be off.

Consider also that this is much stickier: it's a real adhesive and not the static cling adhesion on other products. Removing it will affect the tackiness of the adhesive.

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
I actually don't recommend the hinge method, as that helps more with traditional flexible screen protectors to help line them up. Because the glass is rigid, it's not too hard to line up. That, and by lining it up perfectly on one side does not guarantee the rest will line up right.

Personally I have found that lining up the cutouts first leads to a better fit everywhere (i.e. start with the home button as that is the one thing you cannot mess up, and go up from there making sure the speaker is lined up as well.)

Because they cut these holes precisely, lining these up leads to a perfect fit for the sides. Remember the sides don't line up perfectly with the edge of the screen, so even if you get that right, your other cutouts can still be off.

Consider also that this is much stickier: it's a real adhesive and not the static cling adhesion on other products. Removing it will affect the tackiness of the adhesive.

That helped a lot .... Thanks
Will post the pics once i apply them ...

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
That helped a lot .... Thanks
Will post the pics once i apply them ...

The best method I've seen for applying these without actually touching the edge of the glass itself is to place a piece of sticky tape along the bottom (so its overhanging the edge) and another piece along the top (again so it's overhanging the edge) and then just hold the glass by the 2 tapes you've now applied and just hover over the iPhone screen and slowly lower it down whilst lining up the home button and the top holes until you actually land on the screen . ;)

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
The best method I've seen for applying these without actually touching the edge of the glass itself is to place a piece of sticky tape along the bottom (so its overhanging the edge) and another piece along the top (again so it's overhanging the edge) and then just hold the glass by the 2 tapes you've now applied and just hover over the iPhone screen and slowly lower it down whilst lining up the home button and the top holes until you actually land on the screen . ;)

Yeah, this is good too. However, don't let the scotch tape obstruct your view of the cutouts or anything important you want to line up.

Also, remove BOTH the front and back plastic protectors from the TR so you have a clear view of the lineup. Leaving the front on makes it hard to see fine details.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Does anyone know if this will fit with a Spigen Slim Armor?

Also, does this have oleophobic coating? I can't stand the fingerprint magnets....

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Installed this a few days ago and it's great. Dust free install too. I used a cheapo screen protector first to lift the dust off and then applied the glas.tr. You can use the back protector that comes with it, if you dont plan to install. After the screen was on, I took a black sharpie and went all away around the edge of the glass. Blends right into the phone. Also prevents light from shining through the edge of the glass when screen is on.

Becutan

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2012
Where do you guys usually buy your glas t/ glas t.r besides the official spigen store? Which resellers do you use?

milesjohnson

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
anyone have hairline scratches?? I just got mine Friday and am already noticing a couple hairline scratches :( usually pretty careful with my devices but was a little more carefree with the added protection (no dedicated pocket for phone, but still semi careful about it) although they are only visible at a certain angle they are still annoying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.