Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
Is apple making a fix for the 3 Teraybte not being able to use bootcamp?

I am getting a replacement for my 27" 1 Terabyte fusion drive due to a faulty hard drive and got a reorder for a replacement yesterday. But now that I think about it 1 Terabyte wasn't enough space for me. So I'm thinking of calling them up and asking them to upgrade to a 3 TB drive but I wanted to know if they will eventually fix the bootcamp issue as I use bootcamp a lot.

Do you guys think I should go for the 3 TB or get an external hard drive?

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
I decided to get a refund on my order since they don't do upgrades on replacements and re-order the 27" iMac with the 3 TB Fusion Drive.

Means I wont possibly see my new iMac for another month or so :(

I still want to know if anyone has successfully installed a bootcamp partition on their 3 TB drive fusion or not.

snkeyez95

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2010
I decided to get a refund on my order since they don't do upgrades on replacements and re-order the 27" iMac with the 3 TB Fusion Drive.

Means I wont possibly see my new iMac for another month or so :(

I still want to know if anyone has successfully installed a bootcamp partition on their 3 TB drive fusion or not.

I thought I read somewhere that the next OS update will fix the 3TB bootcamp issue. Not sure when they plan on releasing?

Paky

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Is there an "intelligent guess" as to when 10.8.3 will be released to the public? Three weeks ago I cancelled my iMac order because of the 3TB Fusion/Bootcamp incompatibility. Maybe I need to reorder.

Thanks
Paky

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
Is there an "intelligent guess" as to when 10.8.3 will be released to the public? Three weeks ago I cancelled my iMac order because of the 3TB Fusion/Bootcamp incompatibility. Maybe I need to reorder.

Thanks
Paky

Soon I hope. Still on the fence if I'm going for the 3 TB fusion or 1 TB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.