Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
ok so the t-mobile 1900mhz is in my area alot of people I know get it but me no. I have verizon iphone 5 with a precut down micro sim card. Why can't I get good data only able to get EDGE others get 3g or 4g uisng tmobile iphone 5.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The refarming process is still incomplete and a work in progress. Even in the markets that they have announced as "live" are not 100% yet. You will have to wait until they finish.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
They'll probably get to you. Right now I'm stuck in between two cities that get 3G/4G, while my own does not!

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
You mean like a picture?:rolleyes:

I think you mean refarming..

OP: are you on prepaid or postpaid?

Hi I am on montly 4G prepaid postpaid if got would cost $300

Also dose it matter if it was the ATT or Verizon Phone.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Hi I am on montly 4G prepaid postpaid if got would cost $300
If you have a data plan, no matter if it's pre- or post-paid, you should be getting 3G on your iPhone. However, that isn't true if tmobile isn't done refarming their network in your area. Where do you live?

Doesn't matter, AT&T and VZW iPhones both work on T-Mobile's 3G network.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 5 will Support T-Mobile HSPA+ (21mbps or if its DC-HSPA+ up to 42mbps "4G" Data Speeds), However if in near future T-Mobile launches LTE on band 4 and/or 7a (if im correct i know Verizon is on 700c) then Only AT&T iPhone 5 will support LTE.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
If you have a data plan, no matter if it's pre- or post-paid, you should be getting 3G on your iPhone. However, that isn't true if tmobile isn't done refarming their network in your area. Where do you live?

Doesn't matter, AT&T and VZW iPhones both work on T-Mobile's 3G network.

Funny I just got off the phone with a friend and when I did it showed up 3G then a second later went down to E. It must be my house. I think I will just stick with verizon or get a nexus 7 and see if I really get 4G?

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
You will find wildly different feedback about the refarmed 1900 Mhz 3G network of T-mobile. Many were using exclusively Edge/2G for years and the mere sight of occassional 3G or infrequent 3G elates them. Then there are others who have had great Verizon experience and come to T-mobile to save money who will be very disappointed with the shoddy T-mobile network. Even though T-mobile claims over 100 million US population covered, they refuse to put up any 1900 Mhz 3G coverage maps. They are deliberately misleading customers of other networks by using 3G/4G on their coverage maps without specifying that this does not include iPhone coverage. I personally bought an iPhone 5 after Minneapolis was refarmed for 1900 Mhz frequency on 3G. What I got was frequent Edge coverage, dropped calls, frequent no network status. I finally moved back to my Samsung Galaxy S2 on T-mobile's 4G network, which I would say is pretty good.

ok so the t-mobile 1900mhz is in my area alot of people I know get it but me no. I have Verizon iPhone 5 with a precut down micro sim card. Why can't I get good data only able to get EDGE others get 3g or 4g uisng tmobile iphone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.