Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Well im actually able to play Flick homerun and other swiping games perfectly fine on my i5 so yours could be defective? Just because you have the issue doesnt mean others do

Considering he isn't the only one saying he has the issue, it's pretty clear that "others" have it also. Maybe you intended to say Just because you have the issue, doesn't mean everyone does.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I'm really considering selling my 4S to get a 5 but the scrolling issue had me a bit worrdied.
Buy and see for yourself. If it's an issue return before your window closes. If you freak over every possible issue that everyone runs into you'll never upgrade to anything.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
It's funny how out of all the apple forum sites this site seems to be the only one that brings out issues that no one else seems to suffer. Like this thread scrollgate or bendgate etc. we should have a gate section on this forum.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
It's funny how out of all the apple forum sites this site seems to be the only one that brings out issues that no one else seems to suffer. Like this thread scrollgate or bendgate etc. we should have a gate section on this forum.

Even though the scrolling issue has been confirmed to be on all devices. I have also tested it with like 5 iPhones and iPod Touches and all had it. So even if you cant reproduce the issue, that doesn't mean it's not there.

Last edited:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Even though the scrolling issue has been confirmed to be on all devices. I have tested it with like 5 iPhones and iPod Touches and all had it. So even if you cant reproduce the issue, that doesn't mean it's not there.
Well said.

I never experience the issue on mine during day to day use.

But then again I don't use it for game play :D

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
No - I don't scroll up and down (impressingly) fast like a maniac. No normal users would ever notice it.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
You missed the original one... Antenna-Gate

Ever since that term was coined everyone feels the need to add gate to any sort of problem with the iPhone. At least with the 'antenna' problem on the iPhone 4 it partially made sense as if you closed the gap or 'gate' between the two antennas it would cause interference and disrupt cellular signal. All of the other ones are simply hipster slang.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Nope. It still does exist. Except it takes way, way more time for it to happen again. In my case, I think that was 50 seconds.

But who would scroll up and down continuously and rapidly for 50 seconds, anyway?

People like the topic creator.

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
It's fixed as of 6.1. I could consistently reproduce the problem before. It's nonexistent now.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even notice it but after trying it, I couldn't reproduce it either. And to think it was a hardware issue..

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas

I agree with you. If we had a "....gate" section, it would clean up most of the forum. Everyone who constantly tries to find something wrong with their iDevice can complain to eachother.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Isn't scrollgate where I enter through in order to get a scroll?;)

My wife hasn't complained about any problems with scrolling on her iPhone 5.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I suggest hold onto your 4S until the next iPhone. Wait and see if they have less bugs.

Sure it's your money, but what's the hurry, really? I mean, is there anything your 4S can't do that a 5 can on current iOS?
Beside being taller, of course :cool:

I wouldn't do without LTE which I'm lucky enough to have like everywhere in my area.

----------

It's fixed as of 6.1. I could consistently reproduce the problem before. It's nonexistent now.

Definitely has not been fixed with 6.1

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
it's an overblown problem that won't affect your day-to-day use. That said, I don't play any games that rely on ultra-precise tracking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.