Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Is the Apple ipad smart case any good? What about the invision smart case?

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
I love my smart case. I loved the idea of a stand, but didn't feel safe with just going with the cover. The only problem I have is keeping it clean because I use it so much. And the fact that it's a genuine apple product helps as well

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
We have a whole lot of talk about smart covers here, do a search and you'll see what I mean....All the info you'll ever need..

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Is it flimsy as people have suggested? And does it protect the ipad well? Many people seem to recommend the invision case over it.

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
Is it flimsy as people have suggested? And does it protect the ipad well? Many people seem to recommend the invision case over it.

I don't find it flimsy at all. It's really difficult to get on because it fits the ipad so snug. And I leave it in my book sack with no worries. The folding stand works really well for typing and having the ipad tilted up. I'm not familiar with the invision, but my girlfriend had the speck pixelskin, and that's a definite no buy.

JTyler82

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011

I don't find it flimsy at all either. I love it because it saved me from trying to find that perfect match with a Smart Cover.

m1key

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
I opted to go with the Smart Cover + Incase Magnetic Snap Case. It gives you all the normal viewing angles you get with a smart cover or smart case but it has some extra features. It has 2 magnets on the back part of the case, one magnet allows the smart cover to just stick to the back of your iPad so it isn't flailing around while you are using it, and the second magnet gives you another viewing angle (~35 degrees) in addition to the standard two viewing angles you can achieve with the smart cover or smart case. I find the new viewing angle to be extremely useful, I use it the most of all three, it's good for typing and viewing. Also, I like the hardshell of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case - very sturdy and sleek. Only downside is the price of both.

ipad3magneticsnapcaseblack03.jpg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like my smart case. I also have a joy factory case which is good but my kids don't like that because rear plastic cover causes the buttons to be too recessed, so the smart case is what I use

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I opted to go with the Smart Cover + Incase Magnetic Snap Case. It gives you all the normal viewing angles you get with a smart cover or smart case but it has some extra features. It has 2 magnets on the back part of the case, one magnet allows the smart cover to just stick to the back of your iPad so it isn't flailing around while you are using it, and the second magnet gives you another viewing angle (~35 degrees) in addition to the standard two viewing angles you can achieve with the smart cover or smart case. I find the new viewing angle to be extremely useful, I use it the most of all three, it's good for typing and viewing. Also, I like the hardshell of the Incase Magnetic Snap Case - very sturdy and sleek. Only downside is the price of both.

I think I just found my next combo...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.