Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

merkianushik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2013-02-12 ? 9.19.28.png
    ?????? ?????? 2013-02-12 ? 9.19.28.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 120

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP

In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
~/Library/Safari/Extensions

See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.

merkianushik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2012
In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:

See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.

hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.

1) Click anywhere on your desktop (not in any window).

2) The name Finder should then appear next to the :apple: at the top-left corner of your screen.

3) To the right of Finder, click on Go. That should open a menu, and in that menu, choose Go to Folder.

4) Enter the following in the Go to Folder box:

Code:

5) In that folder, see if there's a file whose name suggests that it's related to whatever you are trying to delete. If so, remove that file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.