Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thonet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Spain
Hi friends, here's a new possible concept design about iPhone 6...

What do you think about?

enjoy it! :)

http://bit.ly/12fHXbZ

8b5bc7b716086c85bc35528f8fcc085a.jpg

3301aa54ff8711a30c294fc5b38dfdde.jpg

839d87dd3f29ecb091169303cb0f2727.jpg

db4be6f260ac1420fffc60b1037629e6.jpg

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Would love it! Always felt (still do) that if the iPhone 5 was slightly wider with the length that it is now, that it would be perfect.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
iPhone6

The size is still too small. Your increasing the screen by only .5. Lets do bigger so we can read and work on the smartphone device.:mad:

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
Way too similar to the iPhone 5.

...but how much is it possible to change the looks if you want a minimalistic smartphone? I mean, I don't think they will make a round one or a triangular one just to make it different... ;)

Thonet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Spain
Yes, it's very similar to 5, but 5 is also very similar to the 4. The intention is to make it more wider, but that's enough,if not then it would be a tablet. I preferred it more rectangular and 1mm thinner. I think there will be more space to distribute hardware and may place a wider battery, and the screen will be a more wider, as I think it is very close.

It could also be considered as iPhone 5s! :p

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
What happened to the ceramic glass panels on the back to allow signal to pass through?

And I know camera tech will evolve rapidly, but is it even possible right now to place the camera back to back like that? I haven't seen how deep the current camera sits in the iPhone.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
Interesting, but here are my constructive criticisms:

• The camera is off-centre for a reason: so you can grip the phone with a hand below it (when it's in landscape with the left side down).
  • The breaks in the outer band and the glass windows on the back are there out of necessity and so it's very unlikely that they'll be gone in the next design. The top and bottom pieces of aluminium function as the antennas and the glass windows on the back are there to allow good signal transmission. A purely metal casing would result in terrible signal.
  • For reasons stated multiple times around the site, it seems very unlikely that the display size will increase any time soon. For example, Apple's current marketing emphasises that the display was made longer, but not wider, in order to keep the one-handed use comfortable for the many people who enjoy it (me included).
  • Apple experimented with touch (capacitive) buttons on the 3rd-generation iPod and haven't used them since. They realised how awful they are!

Sorry to comment so negatively. Apart from these problems, it's a pretty realistic and interesting concept design!

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Apple experimented with touch (capacitive) buttons on the 3rd-generation iPod and haven't used them since. They realised how awful they are!

While I agree with the rest of your points, I would argue that capacitive button technology has greatly improved since those days. Plus then home button failures wouldn't be an issue. I could see Apple moving to a capacitive home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.