Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gibbo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Ok so I'm just wondering whether I will have warranty for my iPhone 5. I bought it from a independent phone shop which sells second hand mobiles, accessories, does repairs etc. I have a receipt for it

The iPhone I purchased belonged to someone else who had it on contract, but it was a brand new replacement from apple as he had problems with his original iPhone. He sold it to the shop as new, and now I have purchased it.

But now I'm having issues with the battery life, so I'm wondering do you think I could get it replaced again if I took it to a apple store and explained the problem?

gibbo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
This is my last cycle, bad hey!? :s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360813234.733692.jpg

gibbo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Any tips if I do go to the apple store?
What are the chances of getting a replacement?

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Depends on what you did in that time. GPS/Navigation will drain about 1% every couple minutes, streaming video/music, etc also hogs battery.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Any tips if I do go to the apple store?
What are the chances of getting a replacement?
No idea. Wipe and use it stock and see if you have battery problems. If battery drastically improves then a replacement isn't going to solve your problem. It's standard troubleshooting. Your usage can greatly affect battery life.

gibbo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Browsing Internet on safari is killing the battery 1% every couple of minutes, does that sound right?. I lose about 20% a hour if I browse, on facebook, check email. just checking general apps that use the Internet. No texts or calls.

Screen brightness is at about 30%

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Ok so I'm just wondering whether I will have warranty for my iPhone 5. I bought it from a independent phone shop which sells second hand mobiles, accessories, does repairs etc. I have a receipt for it

The iPhone I purchased belonged to someone else who had it on contract, but it was a brand new replacement from apple as he had problems with his original iPhone. He sold it to the shop as new, and now I have purchased it.

But now I'm having issues with the battery life, so I'm wondering do you think I could get it replaced again if I took it to a apple store and explained the problem?

1. Would be helpful if you said what country you live in. Your rights are very different depending on the country.

2. Apple warranty would depend on how long ago the phone was purchased from Apple. If Apple gives 12 months warranty, and they give someone a new phone as a replacement for a broken one after 11 1/2 months, then you wouldn't get 12 months warranty on the replacement. Well, iPhone 5 should be under warranty.

3. Battery life depends on many things; what you do, what apps you run, how bright the screen is, jailbreaking, areas with borderline reception. Google for "improve iphone battery life" and see if there's something helpful.

gibbo82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2012
I'm from the uk,

It's not to bad on standby, it's when I start using it, the battery starts to drain very quickly.

Eg... Using tapatalk, battery is losing 1% evey 2 minutes

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Have you restored the phone?

- Its the first thing they'll try
- It normally resolves battery issues

Also, with the warranty, was it sealed when you bought it? Those mobile phone shops have a habit of opening and messing with/repairing iPhones, which will render them OOW.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
Poor battery life is 99% if the time a software defect. Restore as new or reset all settings a few times.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Apple considers average battery life at roughly 5 hours of usage. At 4:41 you probably won't get a replacement. Especially considering you have no standby time, the phone has pretty much been used non-stop since you unplugged it.

If I recall correctly, 5 hours of usage with 12 hours of standby is the baseline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.