Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrackZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Anyone seen this?

I did the update the iTunes 11. Now all my cloud movies and tv show entries are gone. They don't show in the library. In addition, the little cloud button next to the media type drop down is just gone. Also, on the View menu, the "hide items in the cloud" option is there, but it's grayed out. I can't click on it to change status.

I tried signing out and back in to my iTunes account. No change.

It did let me download app updates, so my account is working.

Help!

----------

Bah, never mind. There was a preferences option I was overlooking. Not sure why updating disabled it, but it's working now.

daryl64

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Australia
iTunes 11 missing iCloud content

I'was having issues as well.

About 3 days ago I was using iTunes 11 and all my TV/Movie iCloud purchases were showing and they just disappeared in an instance. I tried the show/hide cloud items from the view menu and nothing. The only items I had were those that are currently on my PC.

I hadn't noticed that there had been an iCloud update and the preference switched back. This is a rather annoying feature!.

Last edited:

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anyone seen this?

I did the update the iTunes 11. Now all my cloud movies and tv show entries are gone. They don't show in the library. In addition, the little cloud button next to the media type drop down is just gone. Also, on the View menu, the "hide items in the cloud" option is there, but it's grayed out. I can't click on it to change status.

I tried signing out and back in to my iTunes account. No change.

It did let me download app updates, so my account is working.

Help!

----------

Bah, never mind. There was a preferences option I was overlooking. Not sure why updating disabled it, but it's working now.

I had this happen. A message popped up saying that I had to periodically log back into iCloud.

dixonbm

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
iTunes Menu -> Preferences -> Store -> Check the box next to"Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases"

Also, make sure that within iTunes:

View Menu -> "Show/Hide Movies in the Cloud" shows "Hide...." otherwise you won't be able to see the movies in the cloud.

bonbmdxman

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks a lot for that info on how to get the iTunes in the cloud purchases back in view. All of my movie and TV show purchases suddenly disappeared from iTunes today and I was going crazy trying to figure out why and how to get them back. I found this post and it's exactly what had happened, the one checkbox "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" was unchecked. I have no idea why or how it became unchecked, but thanks for sharing the solution!

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
iTunes Menu -> Preferences -> Store -> Check the box next to"Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases"

Also, make sure that within iTunes:

View Menu -> "Show/Hide Movies in the Cloud" shows "Hide...." otherwise you won't be able to see the movies in the cloud.

Supurb, worked like a charm, now apple, why did the iTunes update UNTICK this box ... sloppy programming guys

MJZimmer88

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2013
Two things to try:

1) You aren't showing purchases from The Cloud in your iTunes lists. To fix this in iTunes on your computer:

In the menu bar > iTunes > Preferences > Store (Store Preferences) > Show iTunes In The Cloud Purchases (Enable this)

2) You've accidentally 'hidden' your purchases so they don't show up in your iTunes account. To fix this, you need to go into iTunes on your computer:

Go to the iTunes Store > Quick Links (on the right side) > Account > (about half way down) iTunes in the Cloud > View Hidden Purchases > Click on TV Shows (or movies or music) and go down the list and click "Unhide" for EVERYTHING you want back.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.