Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlyee

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2011
Wisconsin
You could have just deactivated using RedSn0w, but it doesn't really matter. It worked :)
Nice thanks, I will remember it for next time. I am very new to the IPhone, just got this one last week Monday. I do have an IPad2 so somewhat familiar with OS but not in depth. :)

YellowNimbus

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
Georgia, USA
If you haven't heard, SwiftUnlocks aka UnlockFusion is offering 1 free AT&T unlock to individuals who are signing the petition to make unlocking your contracted phone legal.

I will simply quote him here:

" PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR STATUS ON THIS UNLOCK. Please do the following: 1. Go to http://www.signunlockpetition.com 2. Follow the 3 STEPS 3. Please read terms & conditions 4. USE REFERRAL CODE: SWIFTUNLOCKS and REQUEST UNLOCK YOUR AT&T USA IPHONE WILL THEN BE PROCESSED WITHIN 12-48 HOURS. "

That's it verbatim. I don't have any other details, sorry.

Why I'm posting this and we are competitors? First of all, he helped us get into the business and like he said:

"We are doing this out of pocket just to help us and many others stay in business."

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If you haven't heard, SwiftUnlocks aka UnlockFusion is offering 1 free AT&T unlock to individuals who are signing the petition to make unlocking your contracted phone legal.

I will simply quote him here:

" PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR STATUS ON THIS UNLOCK. Please do the following: 1. Go to http://www.signunlockpetition.com 2. Follow the 3 STEPS 3. Please read terms & conditions 4. USE REFERRAL CODE: SWIFTUNLOCKS and REQUEST UNLOCK YOUR AT&T USA IPHONE WILL THEN BE PROCESSED WITHIN 12-48 HOURS. "

That's it verbatim. I don't have any other details, sorry.

Why I'm posting this and we are competitors? First of all, he helped us get into the business and like he said:

"We are doing this out of pocket just to help us and many others stay in business."

I received that email also from swiftunlocks.
I urge people that have a few minutes to sign the petition.
Not only to get a free unlock by swiftunlocks.com but to give us back some freedom and make this service still possible.

Toni2730

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Hi! I bought a iphone 4 last yr its second hand the past month is well working , last week when i try to update i tune that the time the ophone is not working any more because the the version before is 4.1.0 but now the version become 6.1 and the modem firwear is 4.12 its almost 2 week my iphone is not working. You can see only the stock menu and i already bring my iphone to the tech but still not work how can i check if the imei number ? I hope u could help me to this matter

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Hi! I bought a iphone 4 last yr its second hand the past month is well working , last week when i try to update i tune that the time the ophone is not working any more because the the version before is 4.1.0 but now the version become 6.1 and the modem firwear is 4.12 its almost 2 week my iphone is not working. You can see only the stock menu and i already bring my iphone to the tech but still not work how can i check if the imei number ? I hope u could help me to this matter

What carrier were you using and did you buy it factory unlocked or unlocked unofficially?

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Does swiftunlocks process on weekends? It's been well over 40 hours and phone is still locked, no response to e-mails, nothing....

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Does swiftunlocks process on weekends? It's been well over 40 hours and phone is still locked, no response to e-mails, nothing....

Are you sure it's still locked? It could just be that they haven't got round o sending the email because its the weekend. Try chucking in another SIM and connecting to iTunes to confirm if it is unlocked.

Like Applejuiced said, hey are unlikely to rip you off for $2 - especially as they haven't ripped anyone else off!

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I used swiftunlocks again this weekend. To unlock an AT&T iPhone 5 and AT&T Samsung Note II. Both were done within 24 hours. I've done 3 phones with them so far.

TheShadowXX

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
I used swiftunlocks again this weekend. To unlock an AT&T iPhone 5 and AT&T Samsung Note II. Both were done within 24 hours. I've done 3 phones with them so far.

really noob question but how can I get the IMEI #? I want to send the IMEI to get it unlocked but I can't get to it. Currently the phone does not have a SIM card in it, when I plug it into the computer and turn on iTunes it tries to activate but says that it failed. Do I need to put in a SIM card and then try this? the reason I haven't put in a SIM card is because I'm doing this for a friend and I would need her SIM card i'm assuming. Thanks for your help

edit:nvm just google'd and found out its on my SIM card tray, opened it up and found it

Last edited:

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Hey @applejuiced, I purchased an unlock for my iPhone 5 to test out T-Mo's network. If I decide to go with T-Mo, and cancel my ATT account (& obvsiously pay ETF), can I submit an unlock to them without an reprocussions?

Don't want to get blacklisted or relocked.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.