Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
Firmware update broke Xbox Live for me, weirdly enough. Downgraded back to 7.6.1. Anyone else experience this?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
It popped up and I absent mindedly clicked update. Low and behold my network as going insane and Dropbox refuses to function.

C'mon Apple, pull yourselves together. Your software has been terrible as of lately.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
Xbox Live working fine here after the update.

Hmm... Thanks for letting me know that. Now that I know it can work with the update, I'll investigate whatever other changes I might be able to make to my network.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Hmm... Thanks for letting me know that. Now that I know it can work with the update, I'll investigate whatever other changes I might be able to make to my network.

Just stick with the firmware that works. I've had my Time Capsule since 7.5.1 and firmware upgrades for this thing have been hit or miss through its whole life.

Pugman1943

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Airport Update

The one thing that is not apparent is just downloading the update does NOT install the update.

After you have downloaded the update, bring up Airport. In my case I have one extreme and two express. You then click on the device and it give you internal information. You find find a box the says "Update". You must click on this box to fully install the update.

After the update you will be instructed to restart you system or ignore. I updated my other two units, then restarted the system.

Since that time my Airport has been extremely stable.

justinLONG

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I downloaded 5.6, did a hard reset (messed up the reset button in the process:rolleyes:) and downgraded firmware. I can't seem to connect to the web on my 4s when my mac is in sleep mode, even though the light is green and the utility app shows I am connected.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Woke up this morning and found no wireless connections, starting cursing the latest update to the Time Capsule. Went downstairs and there were no lights on the TC...then I realised there were no lights on anything in the area. The power block was turned off! Suspect one of my cats walked across it and trod on the the switch (again).

I did have a issue of the last weekend where the hard drive became unusable, even though I could see it and was able to erase it. Time Machine was still unable to use the disk, cycling the power seemed to resolve the problem.

Wombert

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
So does this update enable guest mode when the AE is in bridge mode?

Yes.

Although it obviously can only do the "separation" for wireless clients on the AP level then; the router behind it will still allow all traffic from the AE to "mingle" with that from other wired connections.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Since the upgrade, my Time Machine has been unable to detect the hard drive in my 3TB TC three times, power cycling the TC makes it work again. Going back to 7.6.1...

Yukonhawk

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
Once I updated my Airport Extreme (4th Generation) to 7.6.3 my IPv6 tunnel failed.

Double checked everything and it's all correct, and it did work with 7.6.1.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Yes, I had the same problem with my IPv6 tunnel via Hurricane Electric. I am running on Snow Leopard and have an AE Gen 5. When I upgraded to v7.6.3 everything got screwed up with my tunnel. I rolled back to version 7.6.1 and that solved my issue. For those of you that are on Mountain Lion here is a fix that I found on Ars Technica
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/0...-breaks-ipv6-tunnels-but-heres-how-to-fix-it/

I have not found a fix for those of us that are on Snow Leopard trying to use v. 7.6.3 except to rollback to 7.6.1. My guess is there won't be one and that you'll just have to upgrade to Mountain Lion if you choose to do so. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

gramirez2012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Chicago, USA
Ugh the latest update has been a disaster for me. Wide Area Bonjour no longer works, would not allow wireless clients to connect, random internet loss (even though the status light was green) and even screwed up the Ethernet clients. Spent all day yesterday trying to figure it out and ended up reverting to the old firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.