Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxCast

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
MI
Seems that way however I doubt there is much more you can do in these generation of phones. We need to go to the next stage whatever that is..
Right on! I want "Siri" to know what I want to do with out taking my phone out of my pocket.

Something like Google Glasses looks promising but that's like an old nokia phone in comparison. Something like Google Glasses but in the form of a contact lense would be awesome.
Now that would be a true retina display :)

"he hears radio waves..." -waters

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Why do they keep talking about a 'lower cost iphone'? There's ALREADY a $0 and $99 iphone with the 4 and 4S which have the same specs as any other low cost android device.

----------

Apple made a 'low-cost' iPhone in the past: the Rokr. That was a DISASTER!

Apple DID NOT make the Rokr!!!

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Seems Apple needs to choose between losing out on the lower-end smartphone market, or not doing at the risk of cheapening the iPhone brand.

HavocLink

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2012
ROFLMAO! Yea, those carriers are gouging while poor Apple's cash pile is only $137 billion. Thank goodness Apple sells their products for a minimal profit to help out the poor consumer.

You pay anywhere from $0-$399 for a new iPhone on contract ONCE. Over the life of the contract, how much are you forking over TOTAL to the carriers? F@#king ridiculous.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
They're also not disposable consumer electronics.

But that is my whole point. Produce a quality phone, with no extras, at the right price, and I would probably buy one and use it for as long as I could make a phone call with it. I am sick and tired of cheap quality products that fail within a short period.

damitssam

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
You pay anywhere from $0-$399 for a new iPhone on contract ONCE. Over the life of the contract, how much are you forking over TOTAL to the carriers? F@#king ridiculous.

What an ignorant post. Go read on how much carriers pay apple each time they sell an iphone. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011

You're paying for a service. The carriers need to make a profit. Imagine if they had the same profit margin as Apple?

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
In my opinion, the new lower-cost iPhone is essentially an iPhone 4S but with a metal or high-impact plastic back. It will be available in GSM (most of the world) and TD-SCDMA (China Mobile) versions.

topmounter

macrumors 68030
Jun 18, 2009
FEMA Region VIII
But that is my whole point. Produce a quality phone, with no extras, at the right price, and I would probably buy one and use it for as long as I could make a phone call with it. I am sick and tired of cheap quality products that fail within a short period.

Your plan would kill the consumer electronics industry :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.