Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
For what it's worth, 10.8.3 is extremely stable. As in, awesome stable. Unfortunately, graphics still suck, and boot and shutdown times still suck as well. Maybe next time.

Extremely stable? 10.8 - .2 has been as extremely stable as I can imagine. Over a months uptime on a mechanical with 16GB page outs.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
Must be a beta, there's no updates showing for me. I see no mention of 10.8.3 on other tech sites. Nor is Apple Insider reporting anything about it.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

Attachments

• 12d76.png
    12d76.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 139

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Hmmmm this build appears to have fixed the slow shutdown issue for me.

I've restarted my computer several times now and every time it's shut down within 4-6 seconds regardless of what I have running. I haven't even seen the spinner show up, all the apps just close, the screen goes gray and it's off.

Anyone else who was having slow shutdown before have it fixed with this build?

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
I'm sure it fixed something. It's the second build since the last beta.

I hope you're right, but....

For what it's worth, 10.8.3 is extremely stable. As in, awesome stable. Unfortunately, graphics still suck, and boot and shutdown times still suck as well. Maybe next time.

That does not spark confidence. Spaces can be a little laggy sometimes.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Is it really necessary for Apple to make us wait?

The new builds mean they still have bugs unfixed that they want addressed before release. And with any of these builds there's the possibility that an attempt at a fix breaks something else, so they want to get any update tested enough before public release. The last build seems like it may have had a couple things that got worse, so it's good they did another beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.