Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today rolled out a new advertising theme for the iPhone on its website, highlighting a number of reasons why people love their iPhones. The campaign comes with all-new graphics, a new "Why iPhone" page, and an email promotion.
There's iPhone.
Then there's everything else.

What makes an iPhone unlike anything else? Maybe it's that it lets you do so many things. Or that it lets you do so many things so easily. Those are two reasons iPhone owners say they love their iPhone. But there are many others as well.
The "Why iPhone" page shares a number of features and highlights of the iPhone, including its eight consecutive J.D. Power customer satisfaction awards, the attention to detail in the iPhone's design, the Retina display, battery life, powerful and efficient A6 chip, and more.

love_iphone.jpg
Apple's new campaign comes just two days after Samsung introduced its upcoming Galaxy S 4 phone, the next flagship model for the leading Android handset manufacturer. Samsung has stepped up its advertising over the past year, and former Apple ad man Ken Segall is just of many who have argued that Apple needs to counter Samsung's effort with more inspired advertising of its own.

Samsung has been scoring points for its "people-based" ads while Apple has been focusing on the experience of using its products, but Apple's new campaign appears to be trying to bridge that divide somewhat by focusing on how the iPhone experience has drawn so many loyal and happy customers.

Article Link: Apple Launches New 'Why You'll Love an iPhone' Web Campaign

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Would be a good video ad.

--

Only iPhone has retina display, while other phones have a bigger screen and better PPI (ie. HTC 8X).
CWVcglA.jpg

Last edited:

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC
I'm convinced Apple Advertising Department visits MR
That's been my signature (close enough) for quite a while now! Four years to be exact.

I'm suing for copyright infringement :eek:

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
retail_title.png

This is really the biggest one for me and the biggest advantage against their competitors. I don't think it should be last.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
"In fact, once you see a Retina display, you’re never satisfied with anything less."

Apple agrees too that the iPad Mini needs a Retina display. lol

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
resulting in availability issues, developer frustration, and security risks

I have to say, as a developer, Apple is really starting to piss me off. They rejected my app even though they admit it did not break any guidelines, and the Appeal Board still has not gotten back to me, it has been 4 weeks.

But other than that, I do have to agree. I wanted to download the CNN app on my Android tablet, but I can't because my device is not supported. (Nexus 7)

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
"Something that's this thin and 4", has never been easy to love....until now."

-Phil Schiller

Last edited:

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
This campaign feels unnecessary and corny. Quit worrying about what Wall Street and the haters say, and just keep churning out good products. And yes, maybe listen to a few of the screams (larger screen).

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
Hmmm... perhaps some well interpret this as a sign of desperation. I must say, walking into the O2 store yesterday, the iPhone's screen seemed tiny sat next to others. That's not a reason to avoid a phone for some, but I'm now so used to a 4.7" screen. If they want to attract people back from Android, they'll need another offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.