Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hangingkayaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
When I was backing up my files, somehow I lost all my pics and video after Set. 2012. Any idea where they could be or where I should go looking? They didn't go into the trash. Its about 600 pics.

Also, in iphoto, after retrieving what files I could from my backup, all I see are frames where the pictures should be. If I scroll through the pics I see the pic very briefly but then the frame comes back. How do I get my pics to show.

I think I really screwed up this back up thing!!
Thanks for any help.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
When I was backing up my files, somehow I lost all my pics and video after Set. 2012. Any idea where they could be or where I should go looking? They didn't go into the trash. Its about 600 pics.

Also, in iphoto, after retrieving what files I could from my backup, all I see are frames where the pictures should be. If I scroll through the pics I see the pic very briefly but then the frame comes back. How do I get my pics to show.

I think I really screwed up this back up thing!!
Thanks for any help.

We need more info. What did you use for backup? Time Machine?

/Jim

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Not quite sure how you got sideways here, but if the photos were backed up with Time Machine you should be able to get them back.

Open Finder and select your Pictures folder, then enter Time Machine. Now scroll back on the time line to the right until you get to a date you know the photos were all there. Then click restore.

Also, after you do this, hold down the command and option keys (both) when you launch iPhoto the first time and rebuild the iPhoto database.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.