Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which option would you spend your hard earned money on?

• iPhone w/ 5" screen

Votes: 90 41.9%
  • iPhone w/ 4.1" - 4.9" screen

Votes: 89 41.4%
  • iPhone w/ 4" screen

Votes: 36 16.7%

• Total voters

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
That's how apple can milk the iPhone loyalist..... Only come out with a 4.2" screen for the next phone. Then the S version, ( with minimal upgrades), then the next version can go up to 4.4", then two versions of that, and so on, until they get to 4.7 or 4.9".

Just think... Apple could have phone the size of the S3 and the HTCs in about 8 or 10 years! Think of the milking they could do (and its not too far fetched).

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
That's how apple can milk the iPhone loyalist..... Only come out with a 4.2" screen for the next phone. Then the S version, ( with minimal upgrades), then the next version can go up to 4.4", then two versions of that, and so on, until they get to 4.7 or 4.9".

Just think... Apple could have phone the size of the S3 and the HTCs in about 8 or 10 years! Think of the milking they could do (and its not too far fetched).

I think if apple were to move to a larger screen they would keep that for 3-4 years so developers wouldn't complain about having to redo their apps every year

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I think if apple were to move to a larger screen they would keep that for 3-4 years so developers wouldn't complain about having to redo their apps every year

Yea. I was just being goofy with my thought. Not really a logical business practice.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011
Nope 4" iPhone + 7.9" mini is a perfect on the go combo. I returned the life proof case because I could not get use to the bulk.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Nope 4" iPhone + 7.9" mini is a perfect on the go combo. I returned the life proof case because I could not get use to the bulk.

See, I originally thought this as well. But I have found that the mini is still too big to fit in any jacket pocket I have except for one heavy winter jacket. Beyond that I have found it somewhat annoying to lug around two devices and then decide which I want to use for what. That is why I would prefer a 4.7"-5" iPhone, it is still small enough to make sense as a phone but has enough screen real estate to do things that would normally be better on an iPad.

So, I truly believe the perfect combo is a 4.7"-5" iPhone for on-the-go and a 9.7" iPad for home/office use or when you really want more screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.