Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badman89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
Hi guys, I own a Macbook Air 11" and I absolutely love the keyboard on it. It's the perfect size for me, and typing on it is a joy.

I want to buy a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad mini - but I want it to be the exact same size as the Macbook Air 11" keyboard (preferably with similar key size / key spacing, etc.).

Any suggestions? Bonus points for suggesting non-Apple products! Thanks very much in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
I guess I question why use a keyboard with a mini in the first place, it just makes a small pocketable tablet too large in my humble opinion.

That said, Apple's Blue Tooth keyboard will give you everything you seek. I use one every day with my MB Pro (closed) and 27" Apple monitor.

badman89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2011
I guess I question why use a keyboard with a mini in the first place, it just makes a small pocketable tablet too large in my humble opinion.

That said, Apple's Blue Tooth keyboard will give you everything you seek. I use one every day with my MB Pro (closed) and 27" Apple monitor.

There's some problem with my Macbook Air and they need to replace the logic board. This means that I will be without laptop for about 7 days, and I need something to work on for those 7 days. That's why I want a keyboard.

Yes, the Apple keyboard does seem like the obvious choice - it's just a little pricey for me. Especially considering the fact that I probably only need to use it for about a week.

Any idea if it's worth buying one of those knock-offs on eBay, like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-...r-/120849862473?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Accord3

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Hampshire, UK
The keyboard off ebay will probably suffice for the short time you will be without your MBP, i would do that rather than spending £70 on one from PCWorld or Staples.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
Hi guys, I own a Macbook Air 11" and I absolutely love the keyboard on it. It's the perfect size for me, and typing on it is a joy.

I want to buy a bluetooth keyboard for my iPad mini - but I want it to be the exact same size as the Macbook Air 11" keyboard (preferably with similar key size / key spacing, etc.).

Any suggestions? Bonus points for suggesting non-Apple products! Thanks very much in advance for your suggestions!

apple bt keyboard or logitech makes a good mac one with a solar charger. i cant remember the logitech model number though sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.