Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needshelpquick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
Hi, I've been trying to get this to work for my mac version of Rome Total War: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...WATCH-Rome-Total-War-Campaign-Multiplayer-Mod
It's a multiplayer campaign mod. I almost got it to work after several connection issues but it has a game path that always looks for RomeTW.exe which doesn't help me on a mac. Does anyone know how I can get this to work or does anyone have an alternative?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I forgot to mention I used Crossover to run the mod

That's one of your problems right there :)

That said it is an awesome looking mod not sure if we can get it working but would be pretty awesome if we could.

Have you tried using the Mac version and modding that? Or asking in the modding forums directly? Usually in my experience the modding community is very helpful.

Edwin

needshelpquick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
There's a mac version????? I have the mac version of rome if that's what you mean. I will try some modding forums.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
There's a mac version????? I have the mac version of rome if that's what you mean. I will try some modding forums.

You can buy the Mac version on our website (see my signature) or on the Mac AppStore. If you are using the Cross-over you are using a hacked PC copy. :)

Edwin

needshelpquick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2013
Oh you misunderstood me. I do have the native feral version of rome but the mod is a .exe. Once you install it there's a client and a server which are also .exe files so I'm using crossover to run these.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Oh you misunderstood me. I do have the native feral version of rome but the mod is a .exe. Once you install it there's a client and a server which are also .exe files so I'm using crossover to run these.

Ah. that might need some more work as I don't think it will work with the exe stuff, I can't promise anything but I like modding so if I have some spare time at the weekend I will have a look into it see if I can work out how it all works.

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.