Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
i like the new icons pretty much! although i think they could have done a better job with the mail and the safari icon

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I like pretty much like all the icons except Safari. I never thought iOS 6 looked bad though.

bluedukies8

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2009
Iowa
Has anyone mentioned Find My Friends? That app still has the "leather" look.....or is it just from my back up?

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Other than Game Center, a side-by-side comparison confirms that I think iOS 7 icons are better.

Has anyone mentioned Find My Friends? That app still has the "leather" look.....or is it just from my back up?

FMF isn't updated.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010

Only the stock Apple apps were updated. I expect other Apple apps to be updated probably when iOS 7 releases in the fall.

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Has anyone seen that Helvetica documentary? One of those designers has an interview about everyone changing to Helvetica in ads and for their logos and says something like, "It must have felt like walking through the desert, your mouth caked with sand, and then someone handed you a tall glass of water." To be honest, a lot of iOS 7 feels that way for me.

I just updated iOS 7 on my iPhone for about an hour and then switched back and I do feel as though iOS 6 is… I don't know… it's caked. I don't get the new photos and game center icon (doesn't matter, it'll be in a utilities folder), and notes looks a bit fisher price, but besides that… I kind of love all these new icons. They do look a bit overload all together with that colorful wallpaper, however.

I'm just glad they changed the contacts icon. That old one is SO ugly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.