Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfortify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Hello, new to this site as you may tell. For reference, I'm on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.
After downloading an an app on Cydia, PDAnet, the download did not complete, and ended in an error. It then asked me to restart my springboard, which I did. But after restarting my springboard, the iPhone booted up, took me to an iOS 6 setup screen, and required an activation. This is obviously concerning because I already activated my iPhone awhile ago. I tried to activate it both using my cellular connection and a WIFI connection, and both methods resulted in an error message, "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable." Why did I have to activate my phone again, why is not letting me, and why did this happen after trying to downloading this Cydia app?

Thanks!

xfortify

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
I'd try to boot into safe mode and then remove the last few cydia packages you installed before that happened.

Even in safe mode, if at all in safe mode (I tried to boot in safe mode by holding down the volume button) I can't bypass the activation screen. It will not let me activate it. Any other options?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Even in safe mode, if at all in safe mode (I tried to boot in safe mode by holding down the volume button) I can't bypass the activation screen. It will not let me activate it. Any other options?

It's the volume up button, as far as I'm aware of

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.