Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
While I get the whole "it's only a sync thing" I find photo stream rather, well, odd that you can't actually view the photos in the stream directly.

And I certainly don't "get" the logic in only showing photo stream photos on a go forward basis. I have had an iPhone 4S for over a week now, and have taken many photos. Well today I finally got iPhoto updated for photo stream on my MB Air and... well no photos from photo stream. Only ones I take from now on. That seems absurd that I can't get photos just because I am only using it now. The photos are on iCloud but I just can't see them on my AIr. Nice. Ugh.

Michael

That's weird. I installed the iCloud control panel for windows on my laptop and it downloaded my entire current photo stream.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
That's weird. I installed the iCloud control panel for windows on my laptop and it downloaded my entire current photo stream.
I'll have to try it on my windows box.

Strangly, I updated iPhoto on my mac mini and photo stream shows the one new photo I added to make it show on my mb air. I had assumed it would not show anything till I added yet another photo.

So it seems that iPhoto on both my macs only look at photos in the stream after I first started using it with iPhoto. Either that or there is something wrong with my photo stream.

On a good note iTunes match seems to be working good.

Michael

sand625

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2010
UK
outlook...

I only have office 2003, so my Outlook is too old for iCloud and even though I've got Win 7 it won't work on my pc. So am I right in concluding that the the cloud only syncs photos it doesn't actually back them up like documents etc? I wanted to delete some but there's no way to actually do this on my iPhone or iPad...and I can't do it on my PC...and I can't do it in the cloud! As an artist this makes the photo stream a bit redundant and I'm really frustrated by this :(

mikealie

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
ICLOUd and Photo stream

guess what guys the Icloud is not ment to store the pics it is ment to move pics between devices so you will NOT find photo stream on the icloud
get it ???

nsfw

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2009
This is all strange, but you have the share on public website option.. and when you get the email.. if you have iphoto installed it opens some link in your browser and then sends you off to iphoto.
But clearly there is a way we should be able to view our photos on the web.

If you look closely at the share image here.
http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

You'll see a URL of
http://photos.icloud.com/share/XXXXXX

So it must be possible somehow to view the shared photostream purely in a browser with no icloud setup on your local machine.. i.e. a linux box or grandma's old crappy XP machine.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
This is all strange, but you have the share on public website option.. and when you get the email.. if you have iphoto installed it opens some link in your browser and then sends you off to iphoto.
But clearly there is a way we should be able to view our photos on the web.

If you look closely at the share image here.
http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

You'll see a URL of
http://photos.icloud.com/share/XXXXXX

So it must be possible somehow to view the shared photostream purely in a browser with no icloud setup on your local machine.. i.e. a linux box or grandma's old crappy XP machine.

Check the email carefully - there's a link to view the stream on the web which bypasses iPhoto.

lethe

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2007
Check the email carefully - there's a link to view the stream on the web which bypasses iPhoto.

I can't find this link! This is really weird. We have multiple people in this thread saying there's no way to view Photo Stream on icloud.com, and yet Apple's devices all give you the option to share to a "Public Website. Allow anyone without an Apple device to view this Photo Stream on a public website." (iPhoto) or "Public Website. Allow anyone to view this shared photo stream on iCloud.com" (iPhone).

And we even have a screenshot on Apple's photo stream page:
photostream_web.jpg

globalist says if you look carefully in the invitation email, there is a link to the public photo stream on iCloud.com, but I do not see it. Here's the complete texton my invitation email:

Join xxx’s “Fall” Photo Stream?
People using this shared Photo Stream will see your Apple ID if you join.
Join this Photo Stream
To join a Shared Photo Stream you must have an Apple ID and iCloud. Learn more

I think my brother did not check the "public sharing" box when he sent the invite. Now I see it.

Last edited:

Boozie

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
On your device, go to the photos app, click "photo stream" at the bottom to see your streams. Tap the blue arrow on the right of the stream you want to view online and it will give you a "share link" option to send to friends and family etc.. and a toggle to make that stream public or not. Also, the link is displayed at the bottom. Use that to view your images online. Hope this helps...

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2008
Im having the same problem here. And believe it or not, Apple is supposed to support this feature:

If the folks you’re sharing with are using iCloud on an iOS 6 device or a Mac running Mountain Lion, they’ll get a notification to view your pictures right in the Photos app or iPhoto. If not, they can view your photos on the web.

From their own website: http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

And in the settings of a shared photostream, it says the following:
Anyone can see this photostream on.

http://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A/ <code>

But when I try to write this link in my browser, I´m unable to access the photostream. And instead, I get redirected to Apples website about the photostream functionality.

Dagy

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2013
i took photos with my iPhone does it automatically sync to iCloud then onto my computer?

i can't find photosteam on iCloud.com

Just had the same problem, If you still can see your photos on photo stream go edit>tick the photos you want>share>save to camera roll ...and then you are able to manage them save on computer and etc.... !

Murasaki

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2013
I am new to this .. Just brought a MacBook Pro.

Set up Photo stream and click

Share on Web ...

ScreenShot0025-05-20at114332_zps78c0d074.jpg

Yet there is no URL so you can view them

Reading the net it says to get to your photostream you need to type in

http://www.icloud.com/photostream – user's Photo Stream access.

What is my User's Photo Stream Access? I cannot find this any where.

I do not have a iPhone or iPad as of yet as only moving across from Windows, but reading on the net so many are not happy with Apple at the moment I am now thinking is the move with it

PS : In the Box I added my Email address .. and nothing arrived, I have tired over 5 times to email and nothing.

Last edited:

WilliamBos

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Innisfil, ON
Can't access photo stream on iCloud.com. Make sure it is turned on in Settings--> iCloud. Then on the iPhone there will be a new album called Photostream. If you're using Lion with all the relevant updates (10.7.2, iPhoto) your Photostream will be synced into iPhoto.

So, if I have 10.6.8, am I SOL??

Philosomac

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Apple absurdities

This is the most absurd thing: a cloud service you can't access through a browser. What a pile of rubbish
:confused:

noahrobert

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2015
You can select all the pictures in the PhotoStream in your phone and click on the save button: it will save all those pictures in the Camera Roll, and next time when you connect phone with PC, you can see all of them in iPhone drive in My Computer.
And FonePaw Mobile Solution offer the program iPhone Data Recovery which can view the photo steam of iCloud backup file.
http://download.cnet.com/FonePaw-iPhone-Data-Recovery/3000-18551_4-76201232.html

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.