Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandmann41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Frederick, Md
Last weekend I was in Pittsburgh for my friend's wedding. My girlfriend and I decided to stay in a bed and breakfast Saturday night.
Sunday morning while we were taking a walk through the garden at the B&B I told Beth I had something for her and handed her an iPod Nano.
When she turned it on this is what she saw.

4_nano.jpg

She looked at me and with a confused look on her faced and said with a sad voice "Are you joking with me?" She later told me she was briefly worried that I was messing with her because the night before I had let the garter hit me in the chest without catching it.

I then opened the ring box and said I was serious. She got a huge smile on her face and yelled yes.
Here is a pic of the ring.

IMG_2162.jpg

This is the where we stayed.
here are some pics I took while at the B&B

We are planning on having the wedding in July of 2007.
Most likely we will be having it here.
Here are some pics I took while we were checking it out this weekend.

The song on the iPod that I had renamed was "Waste" by Phish.

Artist: Phish
Album: Billy Breathes
Title: Waste

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

A dream it's true
But i'd see it through
If i could be
Wasting my time with you

Don't want to be a farmer working in the sun
Don't want to be an outlaw always on the run
Don't want to be a climber reaching for the top
Don't want to be anything where i don't know when to stop

A dream it's true
But i'd see it through
If i could be
Wasting my time with you

So if i'm inside your head
Don't believe what you might have read
You'll see what i might have said
To hear it

Come waste your time with me

So if i'm inside your head
Don't believe what you might have read
You'll see what i might have said
To hear it

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Y'all are frikin' adorable :eek:.

I'm super jealous, I want to get married someday. I can't think of a better way to get proposed to. :)

_Emerson

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Absolutely delightful ... the proposal idea, pictures and upcoming wedding plans. Best of luck to both of you.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Congratulations etc.

Music and weddings; When ever I hear stories of weddings connected to particular pop/rock songs I always think of a friends wedding we went to a few years ago.

The best man had been put in charge of the music for the church and it had been decided that when the bride and groom went off to sign registers etc. the church would be filled with Elvis singing ‘Love Me Tender’.

The best man is a friend and I could see he was getting really nervous as the photographer was messing about with different poses etc. and I realised why a moment later when Elvis finished it became apparent that he’d used an old mix tape for the Elvis song (which he’d put on twice in an effort to be prepared).

Anyway after the tender love song from Elvis the tape the Church was filled with the Clash and ‘I Shot The Sheriff’. :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
scem0 said:
Y'all are frikin' adorable :eek:.

I'm super jealous, I want to get married someday. I can't think of a better way to get proposed to. :)

_Emerson

It actually sounds like she wasn't happy with the way the proposal came (ie: on an iPod Nano). :eek: My friend told me that some proposals just don't work with some girls. For example, some girls would love it if their boyfriend proposes at a hockey game/sporting event, but some would hate the idea.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. She said "yes," which is the most important part. So congratulations. :)

But you better treat her like gold. You've given her a lot of time to change her mind. :p

sandmann41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Frederick, Md
Abstract said:
It actually sounds like she wasn't happy with the way the proposal came (ie: on an iPod Nano). :eek: My friend told me that some proposals just don't work with some girls. For example, some girls would love it if their boyfriend proposes at a hockey game/sporting event, but some would hate the idea.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. She said "yes," which is the most important part. So congratulations. :)

But you better treat her like gold. You've given her a lot of time to change her mind. :p

Oh no, I should have clarified, she only thought I was joking with her because at the wedding we were at I had let the garter hit me in the chest and didn't catch it.
She actually loved the way I proposed as well as all of her friends and family.
She was really happy to have recieved a Nano too. :)

And that you for all the kind words.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
DarkNetworks said:
Congrats and this is a freaking awesome idea...now thats what an iPod is for...
I wonder if this idea will take off?
Of course it’d be hard to find the write track for every occasion.
***goes looking for a track title along the lines of “I know about you and Bob. It’s over, get out your stuff is ‘packed’ and on the lawn out front you cheating bitch!”***
What about podcasts for the desperate?

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
mpw said:
***goes looking for a track title along the lines of “I know about you and Bob. It’s over, get out your stuff is ‘packed’ and on the lawn out front you cheating bitch!”***

ROFL!

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
first of all, congrats, that is awesome!

maybe the ipod will replace the ring entirely, we will all eventually buy "promise pods". We'll have to carry them around with us wherever we go to show our attachment. It would be cheaper than a ring! ...well.... maybe not if we had to buy updates every other year!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
mpw said:
I wonder if this idea will take off?

There's an audience -- however limited -- for everything.

I'm feeling lyrical this morning ... for those who've been betrayed.

You said you'd be true, never make me blue
Then I come home to see you with someone new
Now there is no way that you'll hear, "I do"
But what I will say is, “Screw you”

Both our futures should turn out bright
As we find our true Mr. & Ms. Right
There’s no point in another fight
Just turn around and get out of my sight

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
very nice - congrats!

I think I heard of someone doing that before, but it was pre color ipod. The ring pic as album art makes it much better!

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
certainly was a different way to do it- glad it all worked out for the two of you. congrats!!

i think i'm going to go with skywriting when it comes time for me to propose ;) :p :D

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
awww... how sweet... I want an iPod nano too [or whatever else that is coming tomorrow]... So how should I get an iPod nano without having to married someone ;) ... Anyway, congrads, July is a good month, you'll have plenty of time to prepare for the wedding...

*aside: I've always wanted to become a wedding dress designer... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.