Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I have been clicking the + sign to create a station but all this does is let you select stations that already exist based on your song or artist choice.

Can I not create my own station with the artists I choose?

i.e. start with a blank station and keep adding artists/songs I like to the station AND then add custom station artwork and title?

p.s. I thought this service was going to be called iRadio. It seems to still be iTunes Radio.

Virginaustralia

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2013
i think you search for the song or artist you want songs from or like them. Ill be happier and know more when itunes radio is available in more than ONE country

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
i think you search for the song or artist you want songs from or like them. Ill be happier and know more when itunes radio is available in more than ONE country

Yes that is how you FIND a station you like. But I want to create my own station from a blank station using my own cover art and title like I see on iTunes Radio. I don't know how these people are creating their own station titles.

p.s. iTunes Radio is frikkin' great.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Found one thing I wanted but it's still not the same as creating my own station from a blank page.

You can't change the names of the Featured Stations; these are the ones at the top of the iTunes Radio window that are programmed by Apple. But you can change the names of any stations that you created. If you create a station from a song with a long name, such as "Half-Step Mississippi Uptown Toodeloo," you might want to shorten that name. To do this, click the radio station's icon in the iTunes window to expand the view. Click the name, and you'll see that it becomes highlighted. Type the name you want, and press Return. The new name will propagate to all your devices that are linked to your iTunes Store account.

Btw, you can FaceBook stations but how do you Facebook songs?

Attachments

• station.png
    station.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Sharing a station on FB is simple but sharing a song on FB took some exploring.

This is how you do it in 3 stages. But note how the FB share post doesn't say iTunes Radio. It just says iTunes store. I get it but would prefer it to be more of a communal share rather than purchase link. Oh well.

Attachments

• show in itunes.png
    show in itunes.png
    285.4 KB · Views: 185
  • song in itunes store.png
    song in itunes store.png
    510.6 KB · Views: 246
  • FB result.png
    FB result.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 164
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.