Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beaker7

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2009
I'll have to make room on my desk amid all of these Thunderbolt expansion enclosures, RAID systems, converters etc. Saving space is so cool!

Skybar

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
I'm sure it's a nice computer, but not being able to choose dual Xeons is just wrong for a workstation. I guess all of us who waited and waited, and eventually went over to Win/Linux, certainly won't be coming back because of that fact.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
Possibly the most despised pre-release Apple product in MacRumors Forum history, next to the original iPad.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
why does it say "available to order", and not simply "available".

This looks like a pre-order announcement.

You could be right here. It could also just be an allusion to most of the orders being BTO, especially if they are configured and assembled in the US.

Redbeard25

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2003
Ah want mah mac mini haswell.

And I want it to look like this:
MnflKdp.jpg

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
No displays :(
Why is it Apple's job to make you a display? You know that there are countless display manufacturers, right? You also know that even if Apple made a display, you would just complain about it being 'too thin' and 'too expensive' before buying from someone else anyways, right?

If anyone was actually buying Apple displays, Apple would update them more often.

Spinland

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Utica, NY, USA

I'm good with that. They can ship in February for all I care, just so I get this end-of-year hardware budget spent before the end of the year so I don't have to pay taxes on it. :cool:

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm sure it's a nice computer, but not being able to choose dual Xeons is just wrong for a workstation. I guess all of us who waited and waited, and eventually went over to Win/Linux, certainly won't be coming back because of that fact.

It's great that you found something that works for you. I'm sure you'll never have any regrets. :)

V.K.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada

Yes, looks that way. and given the timing it's pretty clear that nothing will ship before Christmas. They really pushed it back as far as they could. I really wonder what the hold up is. I thought it might be a new display but it doesn't look that way. some production issues? I can't imagine what kind. It's not like they need to produce these things in large numbers.

STxMacUser

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
I hope that they include a small Apple logo decal that I can stick on the monitor that I end up coupling it with. :D

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Less than $10,000? A great bargain compared to spending over $12,000 for my 40MHz Mac IIfx about 13 years ago.

Stuff like that really makes me marvel at how people can ask that amount all that time ago.
Relatively speaking what were house prices like then, how many of them would buy you a house instead?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.