Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
It's the sole reason I'll jailbreak. Can anyone confirm tether me works with this new jailbreak?

Oh, that and LocationHolic, but that's different. :)

p0x

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
ada9emed.jpg

Trevornewell

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
Canada
Afaik any mod or package that uses mobile substrate will not work on a 5s because it's a 64 bit processor and the substrate will not work at all. I've tried and I can't get anything to run on my 5s because of the. 64 bit thing

vols

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
Nevermind...all good. Forgot an all important source to add. It's been a minute for me..

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Lame dude. It's 5 bucks. Well worth it.

Agreed. When I first began researching tethering apps years ago I admit I scoured free and pirated version, however always with the intention of supporting the developer of the app I'd eventually used. At the time, PDAnet was the main go to app but I found it cumbersome; then I finally located TetherMe and paid instantly. It's truly been a value for me as I've used my unlimited date to tether 30gb's a month from my phone when my home internet service was cut off.

This again being my main reason to JB, seeing as I now have an ipad with me at all places. A true value.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Damn. TetherMe enables the "set up personal hotspot" button but I can't enable tethering unless I call Sprint. P

This is the sole reason for me to jailbreak.

Yeah yeah it's only been one day. I know. ;) Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Edit- never mind. Seems to have cleared itself up.

TetherMe working fine now. iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Last edited:

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Damn. TetherMe enables the "set up personal hotspot" button but I can't enable tethering unless I call Sprint.

This is the sole reason for me to jailbreak.

Yeah yeah it's only been one day. I know. ;) Hopefully it gets sorted out.

It should be working. You need these things installed for it to work. Mobile substrate, preference loader, network cmds, tether me. Make sure you use the official tether me.

Once you reboot or power cycle the device you will loose all these items. You will have to reinstall them.

Also tether me doesn't work on 64bit devices. Perhaps why it's working well on my 4S.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
It should be working. You need these things installed for it to work. Mobile substrate, preference loader, network cmds, tether me. Make sure you use the official tether me.

Once you reboot or power cycle the device you will loose all these items. You will have to reinstall them.

Also tether me doesn't work on 64bit devices. Perhaps why it's working well on my 4S.

Edited my post as you were replying. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.