Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I can receive my activation code in any moment... the hacx folks have sent me (by mistake) an AnyRing one instead. Hope they answer my second mail soon.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I can receive my activation code in any moment... the hacx folks have sent me (by mistake) an AnyRing one instead. Hope they answer my second mail soon.

I'm afraid I won't receive my activation today as it's night in Israel... hopefully tomorrow. Then, I'll instantly post a comparison to Elias' tool.

maccis

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
It has some bugs I'll say...

Some recordings get f*cked up. A 10 seconds long call ended up with a 3 minute long file. same as with the other one it was recorded with wrong speed.

And for some reason it doesnt show a recording (call it x), until I have made a recording "y". And then its just x that shows, not y.

if I delete the recordings from within the app I could still find a recording in the directory.

Not very reliable...

edit:
Further testing...
made a call in today for more testing of reliability... and the phone died on me right when the call arrived.
After reboot it wouldnt record any calls.
Had to respring the recently rebooted phone to get it working.
If you rely on recordings then this might not be the best solution. Maybe its the substrate or whatever but if I need a conversation archived, failure in recording once and then is not acceptable.
:-(

edit2:
And now I have switched back to audio recorder.

Last edited:

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
today i had some incoming calls over bluetooth.

tried your app AudioRecFix, but it always says 0 files of xx updated.

i looked at the .caf files recorded with wrong speed and they are much smaller. for 0.45min rec time only 300KB. working files have more than 800KB.

so we have to wait.........

balisandals

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2014
hide app and icon?

Thank you for creating this amazing tool. Could you also add an option to hide the record icon that pops up on the iphone screen? Also-- if I wanted to hide the app icon entirely, how could I go about doing that?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
today i had some incoming calls over bluetooth.

tried your app AudioRecFix, but it always says 0 files of xx updated.

i looked at the .caf files recorded with wrong speed and they are much smaller. for 0.45min rec time only 300KB. working files have more than 800KB.

so we have to wait.........

Could you upload some of these recordings so that I can check their headers? (Make some new ones if the existing ones contain classified info.)

----------

I'm afraid I won't receive my activation today as it's night in Israel... hopefully tomorrow. Then, I'll instantly post a comparison to Elias' tool.

Guys,

I'm afraid you won't read the review today either. Despite my explicitly telling him to disable the AnyRing activation he had sent me by mistake, I haven't heard of the dev today. That is, I haven't received my Super Recorder activation yet.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Thank you for creating this amazing tool. Could you also add an option to hide the record icon that pops up on the iphone screen?

I've implemented this. The DEB file is at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...eos.mutedcallrecorder_0.4-22_iphoneos-arm.deb - feel free to test / use it. I'll soon post it to my repo too.

Also-- if I wanted to hide the app icon entirely, how could I go about doing that?

If you don't want to use external app hider JB tweaks, I can change the app name / icon to anything; for example, to a game name / icon. I can't remove the entire app (I've tested doing so - upon calls, the device respringed into safe mode while remaining in the call).

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
If you don't want to use external app hider JB tweaks, I can change the app name / icon to anything; for example, to a game name / icon.

Done. DEB file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ded AR/bubble.bobbler_0.4-22_iphoneos-arm.deb Note that, just like my previously released "stealth" mode recorder, it doesn't display an icon while recording.

This is how it's listed in Cydia:

bubblebobbler-cydia.jpeg

and on the SB:

bubblebobbler-sb.jpeg

EDIT: Finally, should you want to remove the preference setter in Settings, after activating the app and setting your preferences, start iFile (or any file system accessor tool), go to /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences and simply remove CallRecorderPreferences.plist:

removepref.jpg

(Note that I could have removed it from the DEB file but, then, you would need another, non-stealth version to activate and configure the app. Let me know if you really need a DEB file that never shows anything under Settings. Again, it can NOT be used by itself, you must install a non-tampered-with version at least once!)

Last edited:

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
now i played with audacity again. if you decrease the speed -82% and change the tone pitch the recorded call can be understood.

wiiwaker

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
thanks for making the stealth version, but I just wanna disable the recording button in phone.app and the badge number appearing after every phone call, is it possible? thanks.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
thanks for making the stealth version, but I just wanna disable the recording button in phone.app

Already done in the very first version - all the subsequent versions have kept being button/icon-less.

and the badge number appearing after every phone call, is it possible? thanks.

It MIGHT be possible, albeit I can't promise it for sure ATM.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I've streamlined the “stealth” mode recorders in my Cydia repo. These versions are excellent if you want to tape, say, your spouse / girlfriend's etc. phone calls to find out if (s)he has a secret lover ;)

As you can see in this screenshot:

threecallrecappsincydia.jpeg

I have four different setups. The first one, denoted by a green rectangle and named “Audio Recorder (Muted)” is the original version with everything in place (without the voice warning).

The other three ones are named after a non-existing game (“Bubble Bobbler”). I've changed both the Cydia, the DEB package descriptions and the app name itself.

All the three are in common in that
- none of them displays the blinking Rec icon any more while recording. A shot of the original icon is HERE (see the annotation on the left).
- I've changed the main SpringBoard name & icon of the app from “AudioRecorder” to “BubbleBobbler” with all of them (annotated by a red rectangle in THIS screenshot originally shown HERE. A screenshot of the original icon & appname is HERE.)

Otherwise, the protection is stronger with the number increasing:

- Bubble Bobbler 1: no additional protection
- Bubble Bobbler 2: if you tap the “BubbleBobbler” icon on the Springboard, you won't see the usual recorded call list, unlike with version 1 – the app immediately exits. This is a higher level of protection.
- Bubble Bobbler 3: everything version 2 is capable of, plus, it doesn't contain the “Audio Recorder” menu item in Settings (annotated in THIS screenshot). Physically, it doesn't set up the /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences/CallRecorderPreferences.plist file at installation time. With all the other versions (including the non-disguised Audio Recorder (Muted)) you can manually remove the file too (tutorial HERE, at the bottom). However, should you want to do this automatically because, say, you fear you mess up something if you directly edit the file system, feel free to use this version. NOTE that, however, if you need to change the settings, including the initial activation, you need to install a less-protected version first. (Basically, anything except Bubble Bobbler 3).

NOTE 1: currently, I can't
- create a version that doesn't have an icon on the SpringBoard
- create a version that doesn't increase the badge on the SpringBoard
However, with independent icon hider / locker apps in Cydia, you can easily hide the icon.

NOTE 2: let me know if any of you would like the default save directory name to be renamed / obfuscated / relocated. It might be possible.

I hope you'll find my customizations useful. Have fun!

Last edited:

Dempsey

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

Could you possibly created a modified version that just removes the recording button on the call screen? I'm not trying to hide the app it just annoys me showing there

Fortknox

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
I agree with Depsey, can you help create a version that removes the recording button on the call screen?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks for all of your hard work! :)

Could you possibly created a modified version that just removes the recording button on the call screen? I'm not trying to hide the app it just annoys me showing there

Already done. Excerpt from my last post:

"- none of them displays the blinking Rec icon any more while recording. A shot of the original icon is HERE (see the annotation on the left)."

----------

I agree with Depsey, can you help create a version that removes the recording button on the call screen?

See above.

wiiwaker

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2014
I suppose they mean just remove the recording button without changing anything else.

So I compared your stealth version to the original AudioRecorder, deleting these 3 image files of recbutton(see as attachment) in AudioRecorder.app would do the work, right?

Attachments

• QQ20140109-2.png
    QQ20140109-2.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 358
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.