Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
Hello-

I'm very stressed out over the recent puchase of this Adobe certified/approved training for PS7 (7.0.1). I can't make the reverse button operate correctly in the program. I have the CD set. I have dnloaded the update installer version 2, did a clean instal with it. QuikTime is up to date(7.0.3), IE 5.2.3, Shockwave 10.1.0.11, all is up to date beyond requirements to run the software tutorial.

I have: iMac, OS X 10.3.9, 768 RAM, 800 MHz, G4

I cannot reverse to catch something I missed, it will rewind all the way back to start of lesson every time, then have to frwd to area of concern-very time consuming/frustrating. I'm only through the 2nd CD & have 6 to go, I'll go crazy. At the point of trashing it all & going to another imaging editor that is user friendly(at least the tutorials). The support for Tot. PS7 have no answers beyond what I've done-They say no one has ever heard of the problem before. They will not exchange & certainly no refund, yet I can't go on with it or I'll surely strangle someone if not the poor dog.

If I just new it was unrepairable then I'd dump all of it and pursue another editor with no chance of wasting more $$ on more product(CS2) which is incompatable with the Mac. This software is too expensive to not work. I think anyone who has used a tutorial as training would realize how significant a defect this is, essentially to the point of making the program worthless, you can't learn while fighting the system like this.

All I want is reverse, if only I could swap with Fast forward. Everything else in the program works perfectly. Is there any way to fix this, or someplace/someone I could send the CD's for repair to(If it's a CD problem)???

Any Ideas what I can do? anything???

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Try copying the lesson from the CD to the hard drive and play it from there.

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
ATD said:

Not sure I know how to do that but i'll definitly give it a try, thanks....
Rhobes
;)

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Use the Disk Copy Utility in your "Utilities" Folder in the Application Folder and make a Disk Image of the CD ".dmg" I did that with the game "Myst" and put all 4 images on the desktop at once then there is no switching CD-s at all;)

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
ATD said:

I tried to copy the CD to the HD, I think it worked but it would not play. I tried the original tutorial cd's that came with the PS7 package and they all worked(the reverse) but it wasn't a button control but a slide bar. A totally different rev operation. I, in my limited capacity, was not able to use that older player to run the new cd's but I really wouldn't have a clue if that could be done.

I've spent 2 days horsing around and totally wasted them. I spent another $30 & upgraded to QT 7 PRO and that didn't work. I'm at about 7 strikes, anymore before I'm out?
:(

Rhobes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Bigfork, MT
Sparky's said:
Use the Disk Copy Utility in your "Utilities" Folder in the Application Folder and make a Disk Image of the CD ".dmg" I did that with the game "Myst" and put all 4 images on the desktop at once then there is no switching CD-s at all;)

Well, tried this & I don't have anything called Disk Copy Utility, I have Disk Utility. It states it wouldn't give repair or first aid to CD-Roms or Write protecked disks. I inserted all 9 disks and ran them on this utility, i could select "verify disk" and this it would do but not repair them.

Interesting results: The Installation disc verified as O.K. no repair needed. The program did load correctly. Disks 1,2,4,5,6,7,and 8 all failed verification, stating minor repair was needed. I ran each disc in the player and none of them had a working Reverse mode. The big surprise, Disc #3 verified with no fault or repair necessary. i played this disc & indeed the reverse mode works.

So I feel I'm at liberty to bad mouth Total Training but will refrain until I hear from them. There policy is no refunds/ no exchanges and Adobe supports them as their sole software training outlet.
:eek:

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Rhobes said:
Well, tried this & I don't have anything called Disk Copy Utility, I have Disk Utility. It states it wouldn't give repair or first aid to CD-Roms or Write protecked disks. I inserted all 9 disks and ran them on this utility, i could select "verify disk" and this it would do but not repair them.

I see you're running OS 10.3.9 the "Disk Copy" utility is a part of the OS install. If you can't find it, check these out
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/s...on=search&str=Disk+Copy&plt[]=macosx&x=18&y=7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.