Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

bioshockburialatsea.jpg
The latest expansion pack to BioShock Infinite has launched simultaneously on the Mac and PC. Burial at Sea - Episode 2 is the third and final add-on pack for BioShock Infinite and is included in the season pass for that game.

It is available on the Mac for $15 on Steam and Aspyr's GameAgent.com store, and will be added to the Mac App Store later this week. BioShock Infinite ($30) is required to play the expansion packs, with the three-episode season pass available for $20.
Set immediately after the conclusion of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode One, this concluding episode puts you in the role of Elizabeth as she journeys through Rapture in an effort to rescue the little sister she abandoned. Developed by Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this continuation of the Burial at Sea saga features parts of Rapture you've never seen before, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Explore the city and engage in a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite. Experience modified stealth-oriented gameplay that brings you new weapons and plasmids, as well as some old favorites.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two is the last of three BioShock Infinite add-on packs and it concludes the storyline of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea. This pack is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass and will contain new Achievements.
BioShock Infinite, its related expansion packs, and BioShock 1 and 2 are available on Steam, GameAgent.com and the Mac App Store.

Article Link: 'BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 2' Expansion Pack Hits Mac and PC Simultaneously

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Been waiting on this. You're right. 1.6+ GB for BaSE2.1 and 1.2+GB for BaSE2.2 (360). Hopefully that means a fairly in-depth wrap up.

Heard it's over 5 hours long. Ep. 1 seemed rushed, but this better be good. This is the last Ken Levine Bioshock game to release :(

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Great job to everyone at Aspyr for getting this out on the same day as PC! I had forgotten it was even out today, as I assumed we'd be in for a wait on Mac. You guys have done and outstanding job with this port, and this is just the icing on the cake for all your customers. Now I'm off to play!

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
People still game on the Mac? Isn't that what BootCamp is for? :p

That's not what Valve thinks. They want you to be gaming on Linux. And if you're going to develop for Linux, you might as well develop for OS X as well.

Great job to everyone at Aspyr for getting this out on the same day as PC! I had forgotten it was even out today, as I assumed we'd be in for a wait on Mac. You guys have done and outstanding job with this port, and this is just the icing on the cake for all your customers. Now I'm off to play!

Agreed. Aspyr usually does a pretty good job of getting expansions out on Mac the same day as PC.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
Gaming on OS X has never been healthier. Bootcamp is a total non-starter for me, and I play a lot of games.
Look on Steam, Feral and Aspyr sites.

Hahaha, sorry guys!

My ability for sarcasm is not what it used to be. I thought the ":p" implied it.

Game on, fellas, game on!

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Gaming on OS X has never been healthier. Bootcamp is a total non-starter for me, and I play a lot of games.
Look on Steam, Feral and Aspyr sites.

I agree with you. The problem as I see it is the performance difference in Windows compared to OS X. Quite a lot better in ”heavier scenes”*in Windows.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Waiting for the Mac App Store version :)

Today or tomorrow! Its being reviewed by Apple now, and we dont expect a delay.

Thanks for all the props guys. Its a huge undertaking to ship the same day as the PC. If the partner is up for the coordination effort it takes to make it happen, we can deliver :apple:

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Waiting for the Mac App Store version :)

Today or tomorrow! Its being reviewed by Apple now, and we dont expect a delay.

Thanks for all the props guys. Its a huge undertaking to ship the same day as the PC. If the partner is up for the coordination effort it takes to make it happen, we can deliver :apple:

Blair - Do you know if there are any plans to port South Park: The Stick of Truth? That's one I would love to see come to Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.