Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released iOS 7.1.2 to the public, more than two months after releasing iOS 7.1.1. iOS 7.1.2 is a minor update that focuses primarily on bug fixes and security improvements, repairing an email attachment encryption issue and fixing a bug with data transfer for third-party accessories. The update also includes improvements to iBeacon.

ios712.jpg
- Improves iBeacon connectivity and stability
- Fixes a bug with data transfer for some 3rd party accessories, including bar code scanners
- Corrects an issue with data protection class of Mail attachments

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Apple first began working on iOS 7.1.2 shortly after the release of iOS 7.1.1, sending the update to carrier partners for approval last week.

The iOS 7.1.2 update can be downloaded via the software update tool in the Settings app on iOS devices. Apple has also released a new 6.2 software update for the Apple TV.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 7.1.2 With Mail Fixes, iBeacon Improvements

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Apparently tangos with pangu according to ih8sn0w

Not sure I'm going to update, literally don't care about any fixes. The one I did rpetrich took care of.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
I must saY the are fairlY quick to fix the jailbreak this time. :)

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I have to fight the urge to click on this article's picture…

wHat68Q.gif

There we go; OCD assuaged.

Who cares, there's really no need anymore unless you want ugly Winterboard themes or pirated apps.

Perhaps there's no need for you, but others look forward to:

• Activator and the complete control it provides over hardware buttons
  • Passcode reconfigurations for better security
  • Emulation of old game consoles (though there are some legal…ish non-jailbroken versions)
  • BiteSMS and other such system refinements

Last edited:

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Who cares, there's really no need anymore unless you want ugly Winterboard themes or pirated apps.

you don't need to jailbreak to install pirated apps anymore, more to the point there are many useful tweaks for iOS7 Inc Touch ID per App, Auki -Quick reply (feature of iOS8 - beta is too unstable right now) Activator. etc

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
you don't need to jailbreak to install pirated apps anymore, more to the point there are many useful tweaks for iOS7 Inc Touch ID per App, Auki -Quick reply (feature of iOS8 - beta is too unstable right now) Activator. etc

Yes but those are really specific tweaks. I hardly see any tweaks that would appeal to the mass. Also, you're dependent on security breaches to be found and you can not really trust that you'll be able to use a jailbreak feature for an extended period of time. It's such a huge hassle for such a small feature. Sure TouchID per app is nice, but is it really worth it?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
32.3MB for me on my iPhone 5s, and 30.0MB on my iPad mini with Retina Display.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA

Yes but those are really specific tweaks. I hardly see any tweaks that would appeal to the mass. Also, you're dependent on security breaches to be found and you can not really trust that you'll be able to use a jailbreak feature for an extended period of time. It's such a huge hassle for such a small feature. Sure TouchID per app is nice, but is it really worth it?

There's always one in every thread. Sure you may not have the need to jailbreak anymore, but, you don't represent everyone else. Let others take the risk of jailbreaking and enjoy the tweaks that they like.

I have mine jailbroken for Activator, f.lux, Springtomize, and FolderEnhancer. My home button works half the time so Activator is a godsend to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.