Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumblebritches5

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2012
Michigang
Just use Voidness' Keynote Checker. It will automatically reload the page every few seconds and offer links to the official video once it has been released. No need to go to Apple's website and get spoiled. Its a pretty neat utility. Check it out: http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

That link doesn't work for ****; it's saying the video is already up, which is impossible, it links to a video from 2013, and further that damn link doesn't even work...

Last edited:

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
This day just keeps getting better- I sent in my iPhone for repair last week, and it looks like they're sending me a replacement model, and it's getting here today!

So I'll have a new/refurbished iPhone, and the most exciting two hours I'll have this week, all in one day. Pretty sweet!

Buddygor

macrumors regular
May 22, 2012
Just use Voidness' Keynote Checker. It will automatically reload the page every few seconds and offer links to the official video once it has been released. No need to go to Apple's website and get spoiled. Its a pretty neat utility. Check it out: http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/

Doesn't work for me, even though the link is for the one last October.
I get this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 70

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
I have class from 12:30 pm - 1:45 EST. So if I do watch it would be about 50 minutes after it starts at 1 pm. Do you think they wouldn't have announced anything at that point yet? I'm not sure, so most likely I'll be staying here to wait until the video is posted. How will we know? Will the OP be updated? Or will someone provide a link?

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I have class from 12:30 pm - 1:45 EST. So if I do watch it would be about 50 minutes after it starts at 1 pm. Do you think they wouldn't have announced anything at that point yet? I'm not sure, so most likely I'll be staying here to wait until the video is posted. How will we know? Will the OP be updated? Or will someone provide a link?

I've heard that Apple aims to make their major announcements at 9:41 AM PST, and that's why they always have that time on their promotional images. So if you decide to just skip the last 10 minutes of class, you should be able to tune in exactly at the right time for their major announcement.

Are we allowed to make predictions here? I'm posting 3.5 hours before the keynote, so I clearly know nothing more than anyone else. I was thinking about it this morning, about how few leaks there have been of the iWatch, and I concluded that's because Apple isn't actually working on one at all. All of the rumors have just been so other companies would waste their time working on crappy watches, which I can't imagine would even have much of a profit margin, while Apple can work on making an actual smart TV product. We even have evidence that Apple is focusing a good deal on TV - the continual updates to the current Apple TV tell us that. Everyone will be blindsided and Apple will have a solid lead on the market of having a smart TV with features that people actually want.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I've heard that Apple aims to make their major announcements at 9:41 AM PST, and that's why they always have that time on their promotional images. So if you decide to just skip the last 10 minutes of class, you should be able to tune in exactly at the right time for their major announcement.

But the event doesn't start til 10:00AM PST

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Think he meant 10:41 PST

Oh dear - you're right. This has huge implications - Apple won't be making any major announcements at all today after all. It's probably just a quarterly sales investor do-hicky or something.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
This day just keeps getting better- I sent in my iPhone for repair last week, and it looks like they're sending me a replacement model, and it's getting here today!

So I'll have a new/refurbished iPhone, and the most exciting two hours I'll have this week, all in one day. Pretty sweet!

Dude, you should get out more!

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Even though I got a 5s last year (meaning I won't get a new iPhone this year) I'm still excited.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
If people wanted spoiler free info, wouldn't they never come here anyway, and thus not read this thread? Never made sense to me.

Hah, I find this a bit funny too. I fully understand people not wanting to read spoilers and leaks, but given that this is pretty much a "spoilers and leaks" site, it's an odd place to come to avoid them! ;)

Still.. different strokes for different folks.

aaronlam123

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
How long does it take for the video to be processed?

Does anyone know how long it takes for the video to be processed?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
I guess I'm hanging here because the stream doesn't work :(

It's worse than that. If it didn't work, it would be ok. But having chinese translators speaking over, bufferings, parts of promotional videos here and there, is even worse than not having it working at all.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
The live stream is appalling. There is two audio channels. One in English and one in Chinese translating everything. Also it's out of sync. Very disappointed. Looks like I'm chilling here till the video is up.

thewalkman

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2011
Yep, same here. Was ready to watch the live stream but that's not going to happen anymore. Spoiler-free thread it is. Hoping they post the video asap, I'm going dark till then.

robogobo

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Sitting down facing front.
Thank god for the spoiler free thread. The live stream is so frustrating that I had to stop watching. Unfortunately I already got spoiled for a few minutes, so I know enough to wish I didn't see it.

I guess I'm here for the next two hours. I wonder if voidness' keynote checker is still working. http://insightview.com/keynotechecker/ It appears to be, but I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.