Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
One thing you might want to do while you're in Pandaria is get rep with the Anglers faction. They sell the only water walking mount currently in the game (it's a bug), and since mounts are account wide you only have to do that once for all your characters to have access to the mount.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
One thing you might want to do while you're in Pandaria is get rep with the Anglers faction. They sell the only water walking mount currently in the game (it's a bug), and since mounts are account wide you only have to do that once for all your characters to have access to the mount.

Agreed.

Pandaria had so much content and things to do compared to the latest expansion :( .

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

A damn ugly bug... I think I've seen a player running around on one. ;) is there a compelling reason to have one?

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
A damn ugly bug... I think I've seen a player running around on one. ;) is there a compelling reason to have one?

It runs on water so it's great for traveling around. In the WoD expansion (no flying), I use the water bug mount and stay on the water to bypass congested areas. It's ugly but by far the most useful ground mount in the game.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It runs on water so it's great for traveling around. In the WoD expansion (no flying), I use the water bug mount and stay on the water to bypass congested areas. It's ugly but by far the most useful ground mount in the game.

Take a lot of rep, to be able to buy the bug?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You need to be exalted but it's the easiest rep and you get it through fishing dallies.

I recommend also doing the farming dailies when you hit 90.

My toon is a fisher, but I've not done fishing since level 75 or so, when I restarted up. Will I have to level fishing up before I can do this, or are you referring to something else? Thanks! :):)

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
There are three ways to get rep with the Anglers. The daily quests you know about.

If you do any dungeons or scenarios you can select Anglers as your bonus rep and get get 600 or 400 rep for the first one you do each day.

Finally there are the Nat Pagle personal rep quest starting fish; there are three of these fish that you can catch, one from fresh water, one from salt water and one from sha touched water. The Pagle fish also give Anglers rep in addition to the Nat Pagle personal rep, one of my alts who was getting Nat's Hat (a hat with a large +fishing bonus that you can get once you are best friends with Nat Pagle) got to exalted with the Anglers without doing any of their dailies. Each fish is unique, so once you've caught one you can't catch another until you've turned in the quest.

Once you get to revered with the Anglers remember to buy the reputation doubling thing they sell. Most (all?) factions in MoP sell an object that when used doubles reputation gains with them for all characters on an account.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Indeed, this mount worths the time spend to get exalted. It's very useful to be able to run on water. Well, unless you play a death knight of course.

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Indeed, this mount worths the time spend to get exalted. It's very useful to be able to run on water. Well, unless you play a death knight of course.

Or a Shaman (Water Walking)
Or a Priest (Levitate)
Or a Druid (Aquatic Form)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Jade Palace, pretty cool :D

Wow-642015-01-1322-43-31-06.png

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
Or a Shaman (Water Walking)
Or a Priest (Levitate)
Or a Druid (Aquatic Form)

And Warlocks have a minor glyph that lests their class specific mounts run across water and leave a trail of fire behind them.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Would be easier to get Exalted with Klaxxi for the water walking mount than fishing. Not sure who claimed Nat Pagle rep was easy. it's a fairly heft time commitment.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Would be easier to get Exalted with Klaxxi for the water walking mount than fishing. Not sure who claimed Nat Pagle rep was easy. it's a fairly heft time commitment.

It's not fast, but definitely easy ;)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
You need to take a selfie of yourself getting ganked from behind :).

I did.. Often I will ninja myself into Warspear outpost and plant a N.U.K.U.L.A.R. Target Painter in the Horde's headquarters.. They hate me for it hehehe

Here I am in the Horde's main room after doing just that.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_030215_214034.png
    WoWScrnShot_030215_214034.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.