Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Do any of you do 3s in Arena?

I got a WLS team looking for either an Arms Warrior or Feral Druid. The Lock and my Sham are about to hit cap and have a 1900 exp playing in a WMD and MLS comps from MOP.

NA Alliance is where we are at.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Do any of you do 3s in Arena?

I got a WLS team looking for either an Arms Warrior or Feral Druid. The Lock and my Sham are about to hit cap and have a 1900 exp playing in a WMD and MLS comps from MOP.

NA Alliance is where we are at.

Could I have that again without all the abbrieviations etc because I have absolutely no idea what all that means I am afraid.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Could I have that again without all the abbrieviations etc because I have absolutely no idea what all that means I am afraid.

These are all 3v3 Arena compositions.

WLS - Warrior, Warlock, Shaman
WMD - Warrior, Mage, Druid
MLS - Mage, Warlock, Shaman

1900 exp was our arena rating.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
After some thought while on vacation from WoW, I came to my senses and removed it from my Mac for a variety of reasons not the least of which was I want to spend the time to enjoy a variety of other games.

My MMO days after well over a decade are over now. It was fun, especially EverQuest by far but I've had more than enough of that kind of gameplay at this point.

I am almost done with KOTOR now and it sure was refreshing to play a game with a story to it and an ending in sight too so I can enjoy something completely different when I'm done saving the galaxy.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
My condolences :D.

It is a shame Alliance racials are so superior to Horde racials. I like my Orc shaman but since the majority of the arena player base went Alliance I just had to faction change to a Dwarf to make finding players easier.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
It is a shame Alliance racials are so superior to Horde racials. I like my Orc shaman but since the majority of the arena player base went Alliance I just had to faction change to a Dwarf to make finding players easier.

Traitor! Sell out! GRRRR!!!

I should talk. Here at my house I just completely destroyed all of Azeroth by dragging the entire world into the trash, Thrall and all. At least I was always Horde though while I allowed the world to exist.

monokitty

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
Is anyone coming back for patch 6.2 when it's released? My subscription ran out in early February, and I had pretty much seen what there was to see at that point. The new content in patch 6.2 looks interesting enough to come back to for perhaps a little while.

soulsyphon

macrumors regular
May 3, 2014
wow lost 2.9 million subs in 3 months. i don't think its worth it to come back for 6.2... new raid tier, new garrison stuff, mythic dungeons and past dungeons.

sure that sounds like "content" but its the same dull experience like always. i had enough of this game, i think 3 million people also had enough, i think it will drop even more, at least i hope so.

the reason why i want wow to fail is so companies stop trying to clone the damn game, i want a new mmo to play... if only wow could add something new... and no garrison doesn't count... that thing is irritating.

ashran is pointless once you got gear, just like raiding is. its like the game has no longevity whatsoever. whenever you come back to it, 1-2 days later you completed everything.

i wish they could release the battlegrounds as a separate game with no sub fee and removed bots.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I think WoW needs to go down the same road as other MMOs.

Buy the game, no subscription to play, buy in game stuff if you want to.

At the moment they do both.

Would it work ?

It should do it works for others.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
This last time I subcribed, it was to see MoP. I got a 6 month subscription in Dec with the intent of working through it to WoD. MoP is a beautiful expansion, very polished, but alas I burned out in a little over two months, never making it to WoD. The been-there-done-that effect is becoming too strong and when resubcribing, this is the shortest time I've ever played.

Last edited:

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Indeed, it seems that every time people getting back to WoW, each come back lasts less than the previous. The "been there, done that" factor is only getting stronger with every expansion, and nobody can grind the next gear tier forever.

Besides, there are better options out there now, especially for the 18+ players.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I've been playing again since I got WoD a few months ago. The story is still awful and all about Thrall like every expansion since Lich King, but FFXIV and The Secret World are the only MMOs with decent storylines so whatever. I'm definitely ditching it in June when Heavensward comes out, but it's been fun to go through the new content.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
What are you playing these days that is comparable? I'm interested.

Elder Scrolls Online. It has tens of times the character depth of WoW, a much wider and richer story line, no blind item grinding, no rushing to top level etc etc. Not to mention the huge difference in quality of the community. I could just go on forever :)

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Elder Scrolls Online. It has tens of times the character depth of WoW, a much wider and richer story line, no blind item grinding, no rushing to top level etc etc. Not to mention the huge difference in quality of the community. I could just go on forever :)

So you feel that Elder scrolls online is worth while playing, I ask because others say different and do not waste your money buying it.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
So you feel that Elder scrolls online is worth while playing, I ask because others say different and do not waste your money buying it.

I suppose it depends on whether people like RPG depth or not. ESO is all about the journey and the personalized experience you gain through it (e.g. leveling skills according to your playstyle). Rush to the highest level, and you'll end up with a very underpowered character. Characters in ESO are the result of a mix of various skill groups that are gained through the process and player's personal experiences, no matter the class you choose.

WoW will rush you towards the top level without any thinking in the process with a locked down character and skills, leaving you chasing purple items endlessly.

soulsyphon

macrumors regular
May 3, 2014
i have ESO and Guild Wars 2... ESO for me is basically just for the PvP but in the PvP which sounds cool... isn't at all... the servers can't handle it... it lags like crazy (not my computer) ... as in the server lags with pings averaging 400 up to 900+ ... so what happens when you play in cyrodiil is you get a lot of d-sync (players moving in weird ways glitching from one area to another). i think they need to fix their servers... i also dislike very much that there is only 4 classes... sure you can yield any weapon you want... you can be a sword mage (sorry sorcerer) but it doesn't really change much... if you don't spec your class properly you are gimped...

as for guild wars 2... the leveling is great, the fact that you can auction anything anywhere is ridiculously awesome... but the game ends once you are level 80... there isn't like 15 tiers of gear... there's only one... (i'm not saying games that only improve gear are fun like wow) but i mean... theres no point to continue pve. as for the pvp... the "structured" aka battlegrounds are not as fluid as wow... they are like bad mazes... the maps are horrible in my opinion. world vs world is like ESO except its split into 4 maps... and its mostly just zergs (which i like) but as a necromancer, i pretty much only have 1 spell... the rest are on long cooldowns. it's the auto attack one...

all i'm trying to say is every mmo or game has its flaws... if i were to play an mmo aside from eve online, it would be wow... because eso and gw2 are not as polished/fluid.

as for final fantasy mmo... the global cooldown is 2.5 seconds... which means when use a spell... you need to wait 2.5 seconds before using another spell... you can't really combo or anything, its annoying as hell.

bah. maybe i'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my entertainment

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Indeed, it seems that every time people getting back to WoW, each come back lasts less than the previous. The "been there, done that" factor is only getting stronger with every expansion, and nobody can grind the next gear tier forever.

Besides, there are better options out there now, especially for the 18+ players.

What are you playing these days that is comparable? I'm interested.

I'm curious too. :)

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
After 10 years, an ebayed statue I finally cancelled my account last week. While there is a 'Been there, done that' mindset, that wasn't the reason. I could raid and raid till my eyes bleed, but got tired of doing that and, yeah... there's absolutely nothing else to do really except a daily and log into your garrison. 6.2 is simply a Timeless Isle 2.0 and that certainly did not keep anybody interested more than a week or so. The game is stale, the devs are frankly clueless and above all, I've no cares to keep paying to log into a garrison for 30 minutes a day. >.<

Enough of that, personally going to be playing FFXIV when it gets released for Macs finally. Just wished my PC account could transfer over, but sounds like one has to start from scratch but who knows!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
After 10 years, an ebayed statue I finally cancelled my account last week. While there is a 'Been there, done that' mindset, that wasn't the reason. I could raid and raid till my eyes bleed, but got tired of doing that and, yeah... there's absolutely nothing else to do really except a daily and log into your garrison. 6.2 is simply a Timeless Isle 2.0 and that certainly did not keep anybody interested more than a week or so. The game is stale, the devs are frankly clueless and above all, I've no cares to keep paying to log into a garrison for 30 minutes a day. >.<

Enough of that, personally going to be playing FFXIV when it gets released for Macs finally. Just wished my PC account could transfer over, but sounds like one has to start from scratch but who knows!

I've always praised Blizzard for such an amazing game, still chugging along after 10 years. Frankly I'm amazed they still have over 7m subscribers scooping in $90m a month.

Speaking of repetition, the first time I played , the game ended when I hit the cap. I did not care for the time commitment of raiding, having participated in a couple 40 player raids. They were too much like work. I used to enjoy teaming with one or two other players to beat hard mobs, but that is no longer required. And the 5 player dungeons are quick and fun, but that can't sustain you long term unless you thrive on repetition. The Dungeon Finder is a great feature. I'll suggest to play this game long term, you must have a high tolerance to repetition. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.